• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

The Tucker from Sacramento is Home

Well I picked up my new found treasure in Sacramento on Saturday and the trip went without a hitch. Jim, the gentlemen I purchased the Tucker from was a pleasure to deal with and was very helpful.
After giving the Tucker the once-over I could see that the pontoons, track rollers and tracks need a lot of work. According to Jim, this Tucker was originally working at a ski resort in Taos, NM and after 20 years of service at the resort she was bought by someone that put her to work in a gravel pit. As can be seen by looking at the track related components it is obvious she had a pretty rough life while working at the gravel pit.
Anyway she fired right up and I drove her onto the trailer without issue, but some of the spocket teeth are wore down far enough that they would not always engage the tracks, but for $700 I sure cannot complain.
Once I got her secured on the trailer we headed back to Seattle. It was just over 1600 miles round trip in 2 days, so I am pretty tuckered out, no pun intended. Here are some pics my wife took. The last picture is of the Tucker at her new home.

Attachments

• Tucker 1.jpg
    Tucker 1.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 396
  • Tucker 2.jpg
    Tucker 2.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 398
  • Tucker 3.jpg
    Tucker 3.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 400
  • Tucker 4.jpg
    Tucker 4.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 399
  • Tucker 5.jpg
    Tucker 5.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 402
  • Tucker 7.jpg
    Tucker 7.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 401

kgracey

Snow_Dawg,

I really look forward to seeing a restoration on this machine. I was impressed that it was driven up onto the trailer. The body panels look quite good, actually. We can be proud that another snocat has been saved from an unfortunate destiny!

I grew up in Sacramento. Not too common to see snowcats in that area, but once you get up beyond the foothills they're everywhere in California. I most commonly see Tuckers, Thiokols, Bombardiers and only very rarely anything else.