• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Bombardier Skidozer 252: No Power

patrixalot

Hello,

I have a Skidozer that has no power... completely dead. Battery is fully charged, yet I get nothing when I turn the key. I checked the starter solenoid with the volt meter and everything checks out. Also checked the ignition switch, and that seems fine as well. Battery terminals are freshly cleaned. Cables from the battery show a good reading as well. I'm stumped... Please throw out some suggestions on where else to look.

Thanks

undy

Well, if you've got 12v at the battery terminal on the solenoid, and 12v at the ignition switch terminal on the solenoid when you try to start it, and those voltages remain at 12v when you're trying to start it, then I'd suggest the solenoid is stuck or faulty.

If you don't have 12v at those two places, then you've got a wiring issue. If you do, but the voltage drops when you try to start it, then your battery might be tits up.

Maybe I should just come and get it and save you the aggravation...?:w00t2: (Heh, heh, heh.)

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Have you checked the transmission lock out ?

Mine did the same thing but then I realized it was in gear.

I've also had the wires on the lockout thing fail.

jump starter sol. with a screwdriver----should turn over----turn key on also should start-------and yes ----check neutral safety switch----even try holding key to start and moving shifter ----------where r u located----skidozers are easy to fix----pb are a pain in the ass

samwe

Have you checked the transmission lock out ?

Mine did the same thing but then I realized it was in gear.

I've also had the wires on the lockout thing fail.

This has happened to me also. I fixed it by putting it in park. It was even more embarrassing the second time.