• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

How many different track machine mfgs used the T-16 controlled planetary rear end???

Trackrig

It seems that just about every used them? I believe

Bombardier
Go Trac / Prinoth
Thiokol
Nodwell in the RN60 and CF60s

All used them. Did I miss any? If anyone can fill in particular mfg model #s, it would be appreciated.

I've owned several RN110s with OC-15 rear ends, but I recently purchased a Canadair Flextrac CF60 so that I won't need a tractor and lowboy anymore to move my hunting rig. I haven't really had a chance to move it around a lot yet so I don't know if the rear end will need any work or parts. So the T-16 rear end is new to me. If any one wants to pass along any advice, it will be appreciated.

I'll need to get into it to see if it has the 3-piece, 2-piece or 1-piece brake bands and what condition they shoes are in. To access the brake bands, I know they're under the curved covers on top of the rear end - my question is can they be pulled by just flopping down the rear hinged cover behind the rear end, or do I need to take the bed off like I have to on the RN110s to get to the brake bands?

As I listed above, I've been told there are three different brake band configurations.
1. Is that correct?
2. Which is the most current configuration?
3. Is one style really any better than the other?
4. Are re-lining pads available for all three?

What type of material is used to re-line the brake shoes? Is this something a local equipment shop should be able to supply or will I need to order it from some place? Is one type of material better than another? I don't know the correct part name, but I've read that some types or brake linings can cut into to the large drums they clamp onto too tightly or rather they cut into the steel too much ruining the drums. Is there any truth to that?

From what I can find, the T16 is a Levy T-16 controlled differential with Dana planetaries. I can't say that I've heard of Levy and I don't find much on the internet about them. Did Levy build the T16, are they still in business, how do I find them? I found a Nodwell 60 parts book recently, but can anyone point me a Levy parts manual (or whoever made the T16)?

As for the Dana planetaries, again I have the Nodwell book, can anyone point me to Dana part numbers.

That's a lot of questions for one post.

Thanks for the help

Bill
trackrig@gmail.com