• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Bombardier SW48

treeeman00

Hey guys. I checked the sw48's differential and it is low. How full do I want to fill it? I am checking it by the plug under the driveshaft cover between your legs. Do I fill it until I can stick a finger in the plug hole and feel the oil?

treeeman00

Thanks alot. I found it. I went ahead and changed the fluid because it had water in it. Just waiting on the snowstorm now!

mendo snowcat

I have a 1980 sw48. Im getting ready to change my differential oil. I cant jack it up so can you tell me where the drain plug is? I just bought it and there is a good amount of grease build up which makes it hard to see from above. Any info helps.

Thx, Mike

218 bryan

The drain plug is on the left side of the machine {standing in front}, look under the axle tube there should be a 3/8" allen head plug. should hold about 5 gallons of fluid

meanjean

It will take 4.5 gallons of R/O fluid, since I jus sold my 1981 SW-48. You should not have to jack it up though. The plug is accessible enough.

mendo snowcat

hey guys,
Im trying to track down a specific part for my 1980 bombi sw48. Where the plow blade mounts onto the bracket blade support (ref # 18, part# 625 0277 00) there is what looks like a spherical bearing. In the parts manual the description says its a self alignment bushing (ref#15, part# 105 6009 00). Can anyone confirm what type of bushing/ bearing this is? And if so what are the dimensions? I think I have to special order it and dont want to screw it up

Mike

timmumfy

I just purchased a 1998 SW 48 Bombi. The machine has a bad motor. On the valve cover it says detroit perkins. The engine serial is U 7855 87 c. Machine serial is 0 15 9808 67. Its a four cylinder. I am trying to find out what model, so I can find a replacement. Any help with this would be greatly apprecieted.