• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Lombard log hauler sleds

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
For about the last month ,i have been putting together 2 sets of lombard sleds, a bunch of old sled irons, some black locust,red oak, and white ash lumber ,and a gazillion bolts !!!! No sense having a couple Lombards without any sleds to go with them !! I ws also getting tired of explaining what they did !:smile: now when they go on display the sleds will be hooked up behind them , i have to cut some logs to put on them now . Two sets are just under 60' long and around 2 1/2 tons in weight , heres a few pictures.

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

PJL

Wow, Loggah your fabrication skills are impressive. I suspect you were a blacksmith in a previous life.

Very nice!! I would love to have access to that variety of wood. Up here we have Birch, Cotton Wood and White Spruce. Good enough for most projects but doesn't hold up to the weather very well.

3512b

GOLD Site Supporter
Did you make the hard wear? Or was it recovered from older sleds?

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
Steve, The irons were old ones i collected back in the 80's, they were on old great northern paper co sleds. The only new iron was making new runners out of 3/8" x3" steel plate,drilling and countersinking for bolts i had to make up.The black locust is hard to saw and drill but it pretty much is rot proof. I figured i could build a couple decks on the bunks and haul my tuckers on them !!!!:biggrin::biggrin:

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Loggah, I am in love with your 214. This has to be the ultimate loader/backhoe. Can't believe how many years manufactures build them with 8N Fords as a platform. No weight on the large rear tires and the weight of the loader on the little front ones. And the Brits got it right.

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
Scott,The 214 is a great machine ,you can actually dig and lift something with the front bucket!!!!:wink: I have had it for quite a while and only got a little over 700 hrs. on it, my backyard wheelbarrow !!!! Don

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Just don't want to see flowers growing in the bucket Don. I saw a demo with the factory guy do some very impressive maneuvers. Does yours crab? He could steer each end independently. Also his had the 4 in 1 front bucket. I think I see a thumb too. I like the Amulet mechanical thumb. I will never have a backhoe with out a thumb.

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
Yup you can crab steer it, and it does have a thumb on it, i had a cat 416 before this machine and when you lifted anything heavy the front tire rims were almost hitting the ground.This machine dont have that problem.:smile:

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
real love affair, good thing you guys live on the left and right coast, otherwise i could you two never getting anything done, mr loggah, you are a living museum, fabulous.