• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

NSFW-Incident On Martin Luther King Junior Way South in Seattle

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Both girls, ages 19 and 17, were eventually cuffed and booked on suspicion of obstructing an officer. The one who was punched was checked out by medics and deemed to be OK.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYQWbfSNpIg"]YouTube- Caught on Tape - Police Officer Punching Woman Resisting Arrest[/ame]

SShepherd

tuff titty for the chick in the pink:yum:

you fight with the police, expect to get the short end of the stick

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Its amazing to me that the police can cuff a 300# boxer but have so much trouble trying to cuff a teen age girl.

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
Its amazing to me that the police can cuff a 300# boxer but have so much trouble trying to cuff a teen age girl.

I was thinking the same thing.... I don't know if he was trying not to hurt her or what...after throwing the punch what does it matter? Why not just mace her and be done with it...

jpr62902

Jeanclaude Spam Banhammer
SUPER Site Supporter
I'm sure there's a lot more here than meets the eye, but pushing a cop is typically gonna get you a lot more than just jaw jacked. Why don't the headlines read, "Woman pushes cop while he's arresting her friend?"

Another issue: Check out around 1:15 when the LEO has the woman against the front of the squad car. There's another guy behind him wearing a leather coat with a hat on carrying what looks like a revolver? Anyone catch this?

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Another issue: Check out around 1:15 when the LEO has the woman against the front of the squad car. There's another guy behind him wearing a leather coat with a hat on carrying what looks like a revolver? Anyone catch this?
Not before, but I did now. Good eye Jim!

gun.jpg

mak2

There are ways to manipulate a mans hand that could be difficult do with a young woman, I would think. Having said that I think the police officer handled that as poorly as he possibly could have. The girl should have been handcuffed and on the hood in a few seconds. Of course you could not see what led to this event but assuming the LEO had not done anything wrong to incite the event I think he showed too much restraint, which let the encounter go on too long and could have turned much worse. Had he cuffed the girl and had the situation under control the woman in the pink would never have had the chance to hit him. The LEO's restraint could have led to a riot.

SShepherd

rewatching the vid, I've delt with women like her before:unsure:

.....it's almost like trying to handcuff gumby, and it doesn't help that shanikwa decides to push him along with a circling crowd. He should have called for another unit as soon as he saw things going south as a CYA, especially since he's dealing with women.

mak2

By the way SS, I never had to use "much" force when handcuffing a young woman. Why did you handcuff Gumpy?

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
I actually think the officer show a lot of restraint. He had the girl in black for J walking and she started resisting when if she had kept her cool got a ticket end of story. She went at the officer first then the one in pink pushed him at that point he could of charge her with interfering with a police officer and the other for resisting arrest both of which is a lot worse than a single j walking ticket. Oh and from what I heard as they have a had a few deaths there due to j walking and the school had asked to have officers on site. The cop is also lucky in that they didn't mob him as then it might of got a lot worse.

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
Situational awareness, that is funny the cops adrenalin is probably pumping through him like crazy dealing with 2 PMS high school girls in the throws of puberty. Hard to notice much else around in that kind of high stress moment. :yum:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Yeah, that is an interesting observation. You wonder if the other guy was undercover or the cop did not have good situational awareness.
I am thinking this might have been the case.
Are there any updates on this, or is it another one of those "cops got too rough and acted wrong" news items?