• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

IMP Grousers

Bulldog1401

Anybody seen my marbles?
SUPER Site Supporter
Does anybody have any experience with cutting down grousers from a larger machine, say a 2100 thiokol, and using them to make new imp tracks?

Thiokol2track

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Ive cut them down a few times, I used a partner saw , but I ,ve never used them on an imp. I would be careful of the rear-end as these are much more aggressive ! I like your thinking Bulldog!:respect:

mtncrawler

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I looked closely at cutting down 2100 "J" style tracks to fit a 1200-B Spryte but wanted to stay at 36 inches wide. Couldn't figure out a way to do it easily. Part of the problem was hole spacing for the belts and I don't know what you'd use to drill the tempered steel. For an Imp you might have tire guide width problems too. Nuttster would be a good guy to talk to about track modification on Imps.

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I looked closely at cutting down 2100 "J" style tracks to fit a 1200-B Spryte but wanted to stay at 36 inches wide. Couldn't figure out a way to do it easily. Part of the problem was hole spacing for the belts and I don't know what you'd use to drill the tempered steel. For an Imp you might have tire guide width problems too. Nuttster would be a good guy to talk to about track modification on Imps.

The best way to put new holes in the hard material is with a carbide drill.
or a template with a plasmsa cutter.:thumb: