• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Retrieval - Dyna's #1850 is headed to the ATA shop

Moose Guy

We stay pretty busy at the Alaska Track Association. While most outdoor folks are headed to dip net for Reds on the Kenai River, I chose to skip the crowds and help Dyna haul his Snow Master #1850 from Kasilof to Palmer for a little off season makeover.
7.12.2015 - Just arrived.jpg
After bushwackin' through the cobwebs to get to the driver's seat :whistling: I followed his detailed instructions and she roared to life! :w00t2:
7.12.2015 - Letting her idle.jpg
This is one nice running rig! The work that will be done to her is replacing the track belting, new wiring and a paint job to freshen her up a bit all in time for our Alaskan winter that will be here soon enough.:clap:
7.12.2015 - Just loaded #01.jpg
The secret to the masters is to line the trailer up perfectly rather than thinking you're going to be turning this beast without snow!!! :doh: I also ran a tape measure to determine where it would ride best and then screwed down some timbers to the deck so the pretty painted fenders wouldn't get any scratches on them. Wouldn't want that to happen now would we. :yum:
After a couple attempts, she crawled right up on that beautiful trailer.
7.12.2015 - Just loaded #01a.jpg
Doing a walk around after securing the tie down straps and ramps. Needed to make sure this delivery went off without a hitch. :brows:
7.12.2015 - Just loaded #01b.jpg
Time to hit the road. I had lunch with ATA's President at noon in Palmer so let's just say we put together an early morning which was okay with me because the Sunday evening rush of weekend warriors from Kenai to Anchorage is not something you want to be caught in. This Wednesday's track meeting should be the first day that the team puts the wrenches to her. We're glad to have her aboard! :thumb:

3512b

GOLD Site Supporter
When you go to the slope there are a couple of givens,
Your wife or girlfriends ./ girl friend boyfriend moves back in
All you good whiskey gets drunk and replaced with a cheaper brand in the old bottle’s
Anything in the house that can break will, and won’t be fixed when you return
the lawn doesn't get mowed or driveway plowed
And none of the your bills will get payed by a wealthy benefactor.
But,
Your dog will remember you,
And your brandy new double axle trailer that never had your snow trac on it
Is where you left it……..
You hope
Gary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:w00t2:
and you find out bout it on the forums....:sad:

Dyna

Thanks for the ride Gary, it's kinda tuff to get that wide beast hauled while gallivanting around the PA countryside!

Steve, Thanks for the trailer loan.... looks with Gary's ingenuity, she fit rather well...

The Overlander Rides again.....

Dyna

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
But,[/FONT][/SIZE]
Your dog will remember you,
And your brandy new double axle trailer that never had your snow trac on it
Is where you left it……..
You hope
Gary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:w00t2:

Hhahahhahahah

Whats worse the boy friend moving un or the trailer getting hammered......:yum:

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
His trailer was properly broken in with a Snow Master atop her........:whistling: Then my ST4 was taken on a long journey home on her......:whistling: No trailer ever had it so good! Of course we all know it could have been much much worse for her. She could have had that Clown Car of an excuse for a snowcat atop her. That thing called a Krusty Crap Cat.:shit: Good thing we are in Alaska. Usually Krustys are found near places like San Francisco......:gay::puking:

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Only two things come to mind.

as long as all parties are satisfied.....

and

Poor BobCat. at least he has a few thiokols in the stable to make it appear he is cool.

Mike

jask

That is a long way from Kamloops!! That machine is one of two Snowtracs the Overlander ski club owned over the years, and until they recently redid the web page had a picture on their website... along with a rant posted by one of the groomers about the difficulty they had dragging grooming equipment through the winding and hilly trail system with the Snow Master :) :)

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I can relate to that. I daisy chained 3 toboggans behind my st 4.