• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Entitlements!

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter

Entitlement my ass , I paid cash for my social security insurance!!!! Just because they borrowed the money , doesn't make my benefits some kind of charity or handout !! Congressional benifits , aka. free healthcare , outrageous retirement packages , 67 paid holidays , three weeks paid vacation , unlimited paid sick days , now that's welfare , and they have the nerve to call my retirement entitlements !!!!!!

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
Entitlement my ass , I paid cash for my social security insurance!!!! Just because they borrowed the money , doesn't make my benefits some kind of charity or handout !! Congressional benefits , aka. free health care , outrageous retirement packages , 67 paid holidays , three weeks paid vacation , unlimited paid sick days , now that's welfare , and they have the nerve to call my retirement entitlements !!!!!!

Yeah! You ungrateful old, retired guy!

They fully expect to have you die off so they don't have to pay too...

SS is the biggest Ponsi scheme they ever came up with, makes Bernie Makeoff's little deal look like a small time game.... He only stole few billion dollars, the U.S. Government has taken trillions and spent it instead of making it into a real savings account.

If a young person of about 18 put a few hundred dollar a month into an interest drawing account til they were 65, they would have somewhere in the amount of a million dollars to retire on, and when they do die, they can will that to their heirs. SS on the other hand, you put years of money down a rat hole, and get a pittance of it back when you retire, and when you die, they owe nobody nothing for your labor, but now they can kill you sooner because of the "Death Panels" that Palin warned us about, but the Dem's claimed she was just fear mongering, guess what, it's here.

But they have turned it into a Democrat Voting mainstay, get the Welfare Rats on the ticket and they will vote Party lines to keep the trough full of slop so they don't have to work and pull their own weight.

This entire time we have been paying for our own demise.... and it isn't very far off either.

Now the Chinese own our Debt, and the Russians run our space Program as of our last shuttle launch, cut that program so they could spend the money instead on keeping the Welfare Rats fed... All that talent is going to be in the soup lines now.

Nope, not bitter at all, feel sorry for my kids though, hyper inflation is going to wipe out everyone's wealth that has worked hard. My time here is coming to an end and I won't have to worry about it.:flowers:

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Yeah! You ungrateful old, retired guy!

They fully expect to have you die off so they don't have to pay too...

SS is the biggest Ponsi scheme they ever came up with, makes Bernie Makeoff's little deal look like a small time game.... He only stole few billion dollars, the U.S. Government has taken trillions and spent it instead of making it into a real savings account.

If a young person of about 18 put a few hundred dollar a month into an interest drawing account til they were 65, they would have somewhere in the amount of a million dollars to retire on, and when they do die, they can will that to their heirs. SS on the other hand, you put years of money down a rat hole, and get a pittance of it back when you retire, and when you die, they owe nobody nothing for your labor, but now they can kill you sooner because of the "Death Panels" that Palin warned us about, but the Dem's claimed she was just fear mongering, guess what, it's here.

But they have turned it into a Democrat Voting mainstay, get the Welfare Rats on the ticket and they will vote Party lines to keep the trough full of slop so they don't have to work and pull their own weight.

This entire time we have been paying for our own demise.... and it isn't very far off either.

Now the Chinese own our Debt, and the Russians run our space Program as of our last shuttle launch, cut that program so they could spend the money instead on keeping the Welfare Rats fed... All that talent is going to be in the soup lines now.

Nope, not bitter at all, feel sorry for my kids though, hyper inflation is going to wipe out everyone's wealth that has worked hard. My time here is coming to an end and I won't have to worry about it.:flowers:
Sadly every word you typed is true . :doh:

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
One of the "liberal" plans was to intentionally cause super inflation so that our National Debt would become worthless to the Chinese.

Isn't that just grand! Something to ensure we screw over the American Tax payer, then make their money worthless and a reason to have China start Nuking us in retaliation.

Nah, that would make a great novel though... WWIII, the final chapter! Should only cost about a wheelbarrel full of money to buy it!

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Entitlement my ass , I paid cash for my social security insurance!!!! Just because they borrowed the money , doesn't make my benefits some kind of charity or handout !! Congressional benifits , aka. free healthcare , outrageous retirement packages , 67 paid holidays , three weeks paid vacation , unlimited paid sick days , now that's welfare , and they have the nerve to call my retirement entitlements !!!!!!

Looks like Obama dont agree with you . :whistling:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20078789-503544.html
Obama says he cannot guarantee Social Security checks will go out on August 3

President Obama on Tuesday said he cannot guarantee that retirees will receive their Social Security checks August 3 if Democrats and Republicans in Washington do not reach an agreement on reducing the deficit in the coming weeks.
"I cannot guarantee that those checks go out on August 3rd if we haven't resolved this issue. Because there may simply not be the money in the coffers to do it," Mr. Obama said in an interview with CBS Evening News anchor Scott Pelley, according to excerpts released by CBS News.
The Obama administration and many economists have warned of economic catastrophe if the United States does not raise the amount it is legally allowed to borrow by August 2.
Lawmakers from both parties want to use the threat of that deadline to work out a broader package on long-term deficit reduction, with Republicans looking to cut trillions of dollars in federal spending, while Democrats are pushing for a more "balanced approach," which would include both spending cuts and increased revenue through taxes.
The Debt Limit fight: A primer
Democratic and Republican lawmakers are expected to hold another round of negotiations with Mr. Obama at the White House Tuesday afternoon on long-term deficit reduction, though talks have yielded little results to date.
Mr. Obama told Pelley "this is not just a matter of Social Security checks. These are veterans checks, these are folks on disability and their checks. There are about 70 million checks that go out."
More from the interview:
Obama: Boehner "would like to do the right thing"
Obama: "Nobody can be messing with our embassy"
Video: Watch more of Obama's comments on the debt limit battle
Mr. Obama's comments followed remarks from the Senate's top Republican, who said Tuesday that he did not see a way for Republicans and Democrats to come to agreement on meaningful deficit reduction as long as Mr. Obama remains in office.
"After years of discussions and months of negotiations, I have little question that as long as this president is in the Oval Office, a real solution is probably unattainable," Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell said in remarks on the Senate floor.

dotclear.gif

Still, McConnell said Republicans would "do the responsible thing" to avoid default, suggesting that a deal on the debt ceiling could be reached without a "real" deficit reduction package.
"The president has presented us with three choices: smoke and mirrors, tax hikes, or default. Republicans choose none of the above. I had hoped to do good, but I refuse to do harm. So Republicans will choose a path that actually reflects the will of the people, which is to do the responsible thing and ensure that the government doesn't default on its obligations," he said.
Mr. Obama has repeatedly said he wants a deal that would allow the U.S. to avoid confronting the issue again until after the 2012 elections and vowed on Monday that he would "not sign a 30-day or a 60-day or a 90-day extension."
"This the United States of America and, you know, we don't manage our affairs in three-month increments. You know, we don't risk U.S. default on our obligations because we can't put politics aside," Mr. Obama told reporters at the White House yesterday.

Adillo303

Diesel Truck Fan
GOLD Site Supporter
Great scenario for Obama actually. Let the clock run out, put the bite on the elderly who have not gotten a cola in two years, squeeze them hard. Then tell them that for ten percent less, he can turn the fawcett back on.

Entitlements my pittooti. Lots of years ago social security was started as a separate fund. Boomers were paying in way more than the retired population needed. It was growing nicely then the pols saw all that money and raided it. Spent their butts off, dems, republicans, libs and conservatives alike. I don't care who took it. No one has put it back. Now the aging get - Tough luck Charlie, we're outage dough.

There is mo more noble use for taxes than taking care of the folks, American people that made it all possible.

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
The only way they are going to fix the economy is to stop spending and cut the Government. There is plenty of places to cut spending that don't affect the Elderly, but the poor should have to do drug tests just like the people that work have to do to keep a job. They do drugs, then no money.

Ship 30 million Illegals home and that frees up a lot of pork money right there. They are sending billions to Mexico and not paying income tax on it, but get all sorts of "free" services!

Studying "Cow Farts", is that a really solid project, there were Buffalo here by the millions before the cattle were here, and they didn't fart?

If the Republicans don't hold their ground and cave to Obama, they are going the way of the DoDo this next election. You don't cover your checks by borrowing more money, you stop wasting money on Pork and cut spending.

SS isn't pork, it is a program the elders paid into their entire working life and has been stolen, screw the Chinese and start paying back what the Politicians stole at home first!

That's why I don't shop at WalMart, everything is made in China there (ok, 85% of it)!

I buy American when ever I can, which is getting harder to do!

Anyway, all this crap about scaring the old folks is just that! Obama spends something like 80 million an hour on jaunts on Air Force One on his Vacations, how about he just stay at home and work?

AAUTOFAB1

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
I was told in my teens that social security would not be there for me when i got older...every one of my class mates knew it and most of us never planned for retirement with it, well I'm older and guess what? I'm seeing it disappear before i get old enough to see a dime,i pay in and i always new deep down my parents were going to be the last generation of recipients,our government is broken,and i firmly believe a constitutional convention is the only way out,it seems we will have to lose everything before the people wake up and set this country on the correct path to prosperity.i have yet to meet anyone younger than me that truly believes it is going to be there for them or is planning to receive any as part of their retirement plan,at least the younger generation will see how a government big enough to give you everything you need is big enough to take it all away.JMHO

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
I was told in my teens that social security would not be there for me when i got older...every one of my class mates knew it and most of us never planned for retirement with it, well I'm older and guess what? I'm seeing it disappear before i get old enough to see a dime,i pay in and i always new deep down my parents were going to be the last generation of recipients,our government is broken,and i firmly believe a constitutional convention is the only way out,it seems we will have to lose everything before the people wake up and set this country on the correct path to prosperity.i have yet to meet anyone younger than me that truly believes it is going to be there for them or is planning to receive any as part of their retirement plan,at least the younger generation will see how a government big enough to give you everything you need is big enough to take it all away.JMHO

They aren't paying attention to the Constitution now, what good would a convention do?

I think that the tides of war are going to consume us before long anyway, this next year looks rather dark IMHO!

Nothing to do with the 2012 stuff, just good timing (incompetence) of our President and Congress, setting us up for a big fall! Maybe the Aztecs knew more than we gave them credit for!

AAUTOFAB1

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
The only way the fed government has any control over the states is the constitution, a convention can bring the full force of states rights to the table and will allow some states to secede from this oppressive government. the government has amassed way to much power.a threat of secession in a convention would force this government to listen to the people or loose some of its tax base.It would be nice to see a balanced budget amendment to the constitution:biggrin:limts on spending can be accomplished.states rights can be negotiated. we need Major changes and when the state of the union is at stake things will get done.

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
The only way the fed government has any control over the states is the constitution, a convention can bring the full force of states rights to the table and will allow some states to secede from this oppressive government. the government has amassed way to much power.a threat of secession in a convention would force this government to listen to the people or loose some of its tax base.It would be nice to see a balanced budget amendment to the constitution:biggrin:limts on spending can be accomplished.states rights can be negotiated. we need Major changes and when the state of the union is at stake things will get done.

I think if States started pulling out, the Feds would declare Marshal Law and take over, Civil War all over again. Washington isn't going to give up power, they have too much now as it is, they aren't going to just give it up!

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I just got an email that kinda fits this thread.

-----------------------

Entitlement???"
What the heck is wrong here?
Remember, not only did you contribute to Social Security but your employer did too. It totaled 15% of your income before taxes. If you averaged only 30K over your working life, that’s close to $220,500. If you calculate the future value of $4,500 per year (yours & your employer’s contribution) at a simple 5% (less than what the govt. pays on the money that it borrows), after 49 years of working (me) you'd have $892,919.98. If you took out only 3% per year, you receive $26,787.60 per year and it would last better than 30 years, and that’s with no interest paid on that final amount on deposit! If you bought an annuity and it paid 4% per year, you'd have a lifetime income of $2,976.40 per month. The folks in Washington have pulled off a bigger Ponzi scheme than Bernie Madoff ever had.

Entitlement, where did they come up with that? I paid cash for my social security insurance!!!! Just because they borrowed the money, doesn't make my benefits some kind of charity or handout!! Congressional benefits, aka. free health care, outrageous retirement packages, 67 paid holidays, three weeks paid vacation, unlimited paid sick days, now that's welfare, and they have the nerve to call my retirement entitlements !!!!!!.....scroll down..............

Emergency Rooms for their general health care -At just one hospital the cost to tax payers totaled over 25 million a year!!!

Someone please tell me what the HECK is wrong with all the people that run this country!!!!!!

We're "broke" & can't help our own Seniors, Veterans, Orphans, Homeless etc.,???????????

In the last months we have provided aid to Haiti, Chile, and Turkey. And now Pakistan home of bin Laden. Literally, BILLIONS of DOLLARS!!!

Our retired seniors living on a 'fixed income' receive no aid nor do they get any breaks while our government and religious organizations pour Hundreds of Billions of $$$$$$'s and Tons of Food to Foreign Countries!

They call Social Security and Medicare an entitlement even though most of us have been paying for it all our working lives and now when its time for us to collect, the government is running out of money. Why did the government borrow from it in the first place?
We have hundreds of adoptable children who are shoved aside to make room for the adoption of foreign orphans.

AMERICA: a country where we have homeless without shelter, children going to bed hungry, elderly going without 'needed' meds, and mentally ill without treatment -etc,etc.

YET......................
They have a 'Benefit' for the people of Haiti on 12 TV stations, ships and planes lining up with food, water, tents clothes, bedding, doctors and medical supplies.

Imagine if the *GOVERNMENT* gave 'US' the same support they give to other countries.

SAD?
YEAH, OK, SO WHEN DO WE GET TICKED OFF AND
DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT?????

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I just want my gubmit check on the 3rd of each month and every other Tuesday ................. ! :sad:

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter

+1 :thumb:

I have a hard time feeling sympathy for the older generation that paid into SS for PART of their working career and are getting to see any checks back. Us "younger" people will have paid into it for our ENTIRE working career knowing full well that we will never get the benefit.

Total Ponzi scheme.

Adillo303

Diesel Truck Fan
GOLD Site Supporter
PB - I joined the USAF at 17. I started paying into SS at that point and have since.

Just curious, How does anyone alive today pay in for part of their career? I honestly am not aware. Is there anyone alive that was working before SS? BTW - The original SS fund was held separately and earned interest. It would have had $$ available had it not been raided.

Yes, the younger generation's payout is in jeopardy. Don't blame the older folk for that, look no farther than your local / state / federal pols.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
+1 :thumb:

I have a hard time feeling sympathy for the older generation that paid into SS for PART of their working career and are getting to see any checks back. Us "younger" people will have paid into it for our ENTIRE working career knowing full well that we will never get the benefit.

Total Ponzi scheme.
I wouldn't concern yourself with it PB, because even if it is still available when its your time to draw it . Just as soon as you get within a few years of drawing it they'll raise the age limit again. I'm not sure how many folks plan on living to 120 though . :whistling:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have a hard time feeling sympathy for the older generation that paid into SS for PART of their working career and are getting to see any checks back.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I know, the amount of the check you get monthly when drawing SS benefits is based on what you paid in.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I know, the amount of the check you get monthly when drawing SS benefits is based on what you paid in.

It's not really relevant to my point. My point is that the mere fact that anyone gets anything is better than my generation which is pretty much going to get nothing.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
You guys are starting to piss me off. I paid in for 43 years and have the statements to prove it. IF they had not started raiding the fund back in LBJ's regime to pay for the Vietnam war and ever since there would be more than enough for everyone who ever paid in to receive benefits. What is also a crime is giving SS to anyone who never paid into it. Lots of immigrants are collecting without ever contributing a dime. Wonder why SS info comes out in over 10 languages? Cause they give them a free ride. I do collect based on what I paid in and all the o/t I worked also counts as they took more each paycheck. They could do a lot to save the system by kicking those who never paid in off the rolls!

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
It's not really relevant to my point. My point is that the mere fact that anyone gets anything is better than my generation which is pretty much going to get nothing.

You will get nothing? You predicting the future?