• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Gigabit Internet Speeds

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Comcast is coming tomorrow to change service, upgrade my modem and for $30.00 less a month I will have gigabit internet.

I do not think I will ever need that, but more for less is always a good thing I guess. I cannot believe we have gigabit internet up here north of the woodchucks. :yum::yum:

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Oh, and our new package will include free Netflix for two years. I am NO fan of them since they announced Obama's show, but.......as a promo offer they threw it in as part of the package so I bit my lip. :yum::yum:

Just imagine that for a minute. Old TR biting his lip. :th_lmao::th_lmao::th_lmao:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Sounds like they're hooking you up nicely!

Wish we had those speeds. Our ISP has been making some upgrades as well. They increased our speeds to 20MPS upload and download at no cost and increased our data allowance to 2TB per month. With this, we were able to downgrade our service a little since these numbers work for us. They offer different packages based on your speed and data wants.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm still on my 4G, unlimited data plan.
I have a reuse card that they swipe at the Verizon store.
As soon as they swipe it goes on my phone.
No more limited data and scratch to get the code number.
I'm happy with it.
Oh, I need a charge.
:yum:
20180725_150237.png

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I've noticed that my signal is very strong here.
It would drop down to 3G or go down to 1 occasionally when I was living out in the sticks.
I'd have to restart the phone.

My uploads are very fast now too.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
New modem installed. My 8 year old iMac is giving me half of a gigabit but what the hell, this is plenty. LOL

Screen Shot 2018-07-26 at 1.24.08 PM.png

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
:wow: That is the fastest I've seen for home ISP. Impressive. Congrats.

I was around 200 before. I honestly can say I see no difference internet browsing and such. I get it if I was downloading HD full length movies or some sort of on line gaming but I do neither. The best part of it really is the modem is also the router and my signal seems better to remote parts of the house and outside so that is a huge plus. All in all no complaints. I got real lucky and caught a promotion just at the right time along with a Xfinity Mobile promo too.

Oh, by the way, our two cell phones are now virtually free as well with a token charge each month of $1.42 each with 1 GB included. Not a bad deal all the way around.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I think I get the neighbors Wi-Fi or something because it pops up throughout the day.
I clicked on it once and there were 6 on there.

20180726_192045.png

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Are they open or secured? If open, help yourself. :yum:

I have no idea.
With all the dishes atop this apartment complex and the ones next door.
I pay for mine, no need to help myself lol
Some show Spectrum, others something else.
One just said Tom.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I have no idea.
With all the dishes atop this apartment complex and the ones next door.
I pay for mine, no need to help myself lol
Some show Spectrum, others something else.
One just said Tom.

If they are open, they will just have the standard wifi logo. If secured, there is a little padlock next to the logo. If you have your own, then no need to use another wifi, unless of course it is faster, then what the hell. :yum:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
If they are open, they will just have the standard wifi logo. If secured, there is a little padlock next to the logo. If you have your own, then no need to use another wifi, unless of course it is faster, then what the hell. :yum:
Think they did have little blue padlocks now that you mention it.
I'm fast enough.
:smile: