• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

1959 Top TV shows

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Top 10 TV shows of 1959
Do you remember any of these?

Attachments

• 1959TopTVShows.jpg
    1959TopTVShows.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 118

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
Yep, I remember all and watched most of them. My mother was a Perry Mason addict.
Mike

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I thought Bonanza was on and in color in the late 50's. It was the first show in living color. I was surprised that it was not on the list.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I wasn't even in the country and I saw 5 of them. Black and white television had only reached Aberdeen for about 2 years and we only had one channel, the BBC. It only ran for about 8 hours a day. We used to gather round the 17" set to watch the westerns, 77 Sunset Strip and Perry Mason.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I thought Bonanza was on and in color in the late 50's. It was the first show in living color. I was surprised that it was not on the list.

Greg, wikipedia says Bonanza’s first episode was September 1959.

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Perry Mason is on FETV every evening. 4 episodes. Lots better than whatever newer show is on.

road squawker

GOLD Site Supporter

Bonanza was the first WESTERN in color.

the first color TV show was DRAGNET in 1953

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I remember all of those.
Not listed but my Mother liked Alfred Hitchcock.
I also remember The Flintstones being on in prime time.