• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

The Boss

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
A boss wondered why one of his most valued employees had called in sick one day. Having an urgent problem with a main computer, he phoned the employee’s home number and was greeted with a child’s whisper, “Hello?”

“Is your Daddy home?” he asked.

“Yes,” whispered the small voice.

“May I speak to him?”

The child whispered, “No.”

Surprised and wanting to talk to an adult, the boss asked, “Is your Mummy there?”

“Yes.”

“Well may I speak to her, then?”

Again the small voice whispered,”No.”

Hoping there was somebody with whom he could leave a message, the boss asked, “Is anybody else there?”

“Yes,” whispered the child, “a policeman.”

Wondering what the police would be doing at his employee’s home, the boss asked, “May I speak to the policeman?”

“No, he’s busy,” whispered the child.

“Busy doing what?”

“Talking to Mummy and Daddy and the Fireman,” came the whispered reply.

Growing more worried as he heard a loud noise in the background coming down the phone, the boss asked, “What’s that noise?”

“A helicopter,” answered the whispering voice.

“What,s going on there?” demanded the boss, now really apprehensive.

Again, whispering, the child answered, “The search team has just landed a helicopter.”

Alarmed, concerned, and a little frustrated, the boss asked, “What are they searching for?”

Still whispering, the young voice replied with a muffled giggle… “ME!”