• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

"Let's give them something to talk about"

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Place went dead?

Some newby comes on, speaks his mind, gets shot down, banned, and now the place is silent??

Or has everybody else's mind gone blank; summer is almost here and all I can think about is getting out on the water.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I am here Fred..

Just a busy time of year for me. It has seemed a little dead lately how ever...

Send pics of the water and boats. I will be land locked for another month..

BTW does your Benz cars take some "special" $25/quart transmission fluid?? That is what the Cross fire requires and a $450 trans filter and oil change. Seems high.. The car has no trans oil dip stick, you take it to the dealer to just check the f'ing fliud...

Thanks Kirk

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Many of us have been busy or enjoying the gorgeous weather.
Some of us are also looking in here and not seeing much new, so we don't postalot. <--------

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
Taking care of mom, and when I looked in for a while there was a lot about sno buggies which I ain't got so I didn't post.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Who got banned? The new guy with the long rambling posts? He was actually pretty funny, in a strange way.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
I check in 2-3 times a day and unless I see something I can contribute to in a meaningful way, I'm just an onlooker.
Mike

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
I am here Fred..
BTW does your Benz cars take some "special" $25/quart transmission fluid?? That is what the Cross fire requires and a $450 trans filter and oil change. Seems high.. The car has no trans oil dip stick, you take it to the dealer to just check the f'ing fliud...

Thanks Kirk

The oil is expensive, but, you should not have to change it.
My 430 went 357,000 without a trans oil change.

Its an expensive trans, allegedly sealed for life. But they say no need for service. So I didn't.

My previous ML, a 1998, lost it's $3500 trans - the 98/99s had some gears and bushing not up to the task of an ML towing things. They fixed that starting 2000 model. But that was a materials problem, not a lube problem.

But if you want to change it out, you can find the correct oil on ebay for around 15 a quart. Or try buyeuroparts.com. Ask for Gary. I think he's a one man show anyway. He'll treat you right. Let him know I sent ya. (used to be buymbparts. Rusty used to run, I think he bought it from Gary, then Gary bought it back)

And if you do it yourself, read the manual carefully, to get the oil level correct. You'll need the dipstick tool as well. Also get it on ebay.

As for the banned perp - I enjoyed reading his writing, but not so much the content. I'd like to read a novel by the guy if he wrote one. Hope he comes back.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
My previous ML, a 1998, lost it's $3500 trans - the 98/99s had some gears and bushing not up to the task of an ML towing things. They fixed that starting 2000 model. But that was a materials problem, not a lube problem.
I bought a 1998 ML (new) in 1998 but never had problems. It did a "fair" amount of towing. How long before your tranny quit? I sold mine with maybe 50K miles on the odo.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
FredsDeadFriend was the guy yall are talking about, and yes he did get a short ban. The ban is over but so far no sign of FDF.
Will he return? I guess time will tell. Wagers w/ odds anyone?

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
I bought a 1998 ML (new) in 1998 but never had problems. It did a "fair" amount of towing. How long before your tranny quit? I sold mine with maybe 50K miles on the odo.

Had about 175,000 on the clock.
I can't find the pics of the damaged parts, but it was found out to be a known problem with materials.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Here's something to talk about.

Whiny-minority democrats in the California State Assembly rejected a holiday honoring John Wayne, because the actor (who died in 1979) had been conservative and had made a couple of un-pc comments (one of them probably a joke) decades and decades ago.

What a California lawmaker intended as a benign resolution honoring a late, world-renowned movie icon exploded into an emotional debate over decades-old racist comments.

The state Assembly defeated the official ode to John Wayne Thursday after several legislators described statements he made about racial minorities and his support for the anti-communist House Un-American Activities Committee and John Birch Society.

Republican State Assemblyman Matthew Harper of Huntington Beach sought to declare May 26, 2016, as John Wayne Day to mark the day the actor was born.

“He had disturbing views towards race,” objected Assemblyman Luis Alejo, D-Watsonville, leading off a 20-minute debate.

Alejo cited a 1971 interview with Playboy in which Wayne talked disparagingly about blacks.

“I believe in white supremacy until the blacks are educated to a point of responsibility. I don’t believe in giving authority and positions of leadership and judgment to irresponsible people,” he told the magazine.

Assemblyman Mike Gipson, D-Carson, who is black, said he found Wayne’s comments personally offensive.

Assemblywoman Lorena Gonzalez, D-San Diego, cited his comments defending white Europeans’ encroachment on American Indians who Wayne once said “were selfishly trying to keep it for themselves.”

All of which proves that, back then, John Wayne was perfect right about their kind. You read this kind of thing and think: The sooner North Korea perfects delivery systems able to reach California the better. Cut the continent off at the Sierras and float those communists out to sea.

http://neveryetmelted.com/2016/04/30/ca-assembly-refuses-to-honor-john-wayne/

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Here's something to talk about.

Whiny-minority democrats in the California State Assembly rejected a holiday honoring John Wayne, because the actor (who died in 1979) had been conservative and had made a couple of un-pc comments (one of them probably a joke) decades and decades ago.

http://neveryetmelted.com/2016/04/30/ca-assembly-refuses-to-honor-john-wayne/
They are going out of their way to look stew pid. Duh. Next they'll condem Archie Bunker, Richard Nixon, Ronald Regan ...as I'm sure they all said something back then that could be considered 'racist' in todays BS PC world.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I was gone for two weeks in CT planting my son's new orchard. I went completely off the grid. No internet, no E-mail, not TV no nuthin.

It was both the most relaxing and scary as hell two weeks of my recent life. Sorry if it shut down this site. I had no idea. :unsure:

My apologies but I didn't think I would be missed.:whistling:

Leni

Republicans have always been out numbered in my State. The insanity is unbelievable!

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm ready for some hot Cougars with cute butts in yoga pants.