• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

If you drive a 'UTV' into a thicket of fresh trimmed HAWTHORNS will tires pop?

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Apparently my sister-in-law doesn't think the tires on a side-by-side utility vehicle can go flat :doh:

We have about 1000 Hawthorn trees on the property. We were out pruning off the low branches and piled them up into stacks all around the work area. Instead of driving to the edge of the work area and loading up the cargo bed, she decided to drive into the middle of all the trimmed branches with their 1 to 1.5 inch long thorns.

Now I'm sure there is some SLIME in a couple of those tires from previous forays into the thorns, but I expect that I will have a repair project for tomorrow. :sad:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The slime should take care of it. You may see specs of green on the outside of your tire in each place the slime patched the hole.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
The slime should take care of it.

Or maybe not.

A number of years ago I mowed down a thicket of honey locust trees at the farm. Not one of my better ideas. I lived with those 2" to 3" thorns for years. My record was 13 flats in one year. I couldn't get enough slime in those tractor tires to do any good and I poured it in there by the gallon. I shudder to think what it would have been like without the Slime.