• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Had the wife's vehicle wired for the power lift. Went to physio. Stopped by my occupational therapist to sign some papers. Then brought the scooter to the mall to go buy a new pillow. Figured I'd try anything to help get a semi decent night sleep.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Angelface

I just read that if you boil a banana and then drink the broth you'll sleep like a baby.

http://www.doctoroz.com/recipe/banana-tea

I have never heard of that.. intresting.. I might have to try that.

Very windy and cloudy today... and I love it. But its been below freezing twice already and there is still stupid bugs alive. Lol. Not sure what to do for dinner... Nothing sounds good to me, so I might skip it like I did with lunch.

Leni

It started to rain as I got to the market. We are supposed to get a lot of rain over the next few days. Boy do we need it!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Making good use of the scooter lift again today. Went to a store I hadn't been in since before the accident. The thing works great. From the time I pulled into the parking lot to getting into the store with the scooter was 4 minutes.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Had a GREAT day at work.
Today was our Trick or Treat night from 6-7pm.
It was for all staff and their children/grandchildren and the public as well.
They came parading through the south entrance and made their way to the large living room area where our able bodied residents could sit in chairs or wheelchairs to hand out treats.

We have been having a 'candy war' among shifts and different departments in order to have enough candy to offer.
Boy did we ever have enough, with a lot left over.
The oldsters really enjoyed it and we had a lot of fun watching their faces and took pictures for the facility's newsletter.

There was also a hot dog and pretzel area sat up inside the large conference room which they enjoyed.
That was my dinner too, hot dog and a pretzel.
:smile:

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
When I was a kid on the farm and it was raining so hard there would be nothing to do, I would go up into the hay loft and stretch out on a big pile of straw and listen to the rain on the tin roof. Best way to fall asleep I know of. :smile::smile::smile:

Angelface

When I was a kid on the farm and it was raining so hard there would be nothing to do, I would go up into the hay loft and stretch out on a big pile of straw and listen to the rain on the tin roof. Best way to fall asleep I know of. :smile::smile::smile:

There might be a select few... but why can't today's youth appreciate such a simple thing like that? You know like instead of being in awe of scenery in a video game?

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
There might be a select few... but why can't today's youth appreciate such a simple thing like that? You know like instead of being in awe of scenery in a video game?

I know of some farming families whose kids aren't allowed all the things of today that other kids spend idle moments doing, like video games, phones, etc..

I do think many of the youth of today have gotten lost in all the other crap.
It's the way the world is turning for most with no going back to those simpler times.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Rain and snow today so outside work is a no no. Prolly go buy my smart wool socks for winter and go grocery shopping. Also going to make some homemade breakfast sausage once I pick up a few spices I'm shy of.

Another great day, Trump is still gaining in the polls and Hillary is slowly degenerating into a fossil by the looks of her. :clap::yum::biggrin:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Went to Texas Roadhouse with some friends for dinner.
I got the smothered chicken with seasoned rice and green beans as my two sides.
Before that I took a walk, then a cat nap.

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
Went to the senior center for lunch today, it was awful. They had vegetarian shepherds pie, it sucked......:sick::sick::sick:

Came home and made a baloney sandwich with tomato, lettuce, miracle whip, and a slice of cheese.

Played cards tonight.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Oh yeah, worked on some more CEU's through our online university this morning.
Where I work actually has one for all nurses.
Completed!
It's taxing to have to do these throughout the year.
That's my official seal. :smile:

Attachments

• VCU.jpg
    VCU.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 80

Angelface

I just found out today that the Sunday school teacher of our church got arrested for 8 counts of sodomy, sex abuse, and unlawful penetration in the first degree... I quit going to church a few months before this got out, but it makes me sick knowing my kids where under his watch. A lot of people I know are shocked as well.. You just don't know about anyone anymore.. he was actually a nice guy, but apparently he had some sick issues going on and hid them very well... I've been struggling with faith this whole year as it is. But I just don't understand and maybe never will why stuff like this happens.. I know it's free will... but still.:sad:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I just found out today that the Sunday school teacher of our church got arrested for 8 counts of sodomy, sex abuse, and unlawful penetration in the first degree... I quit going to church a few months before this got out, but it makes me sick knowing my kids where under his watch. A lot of people I know are shocked as well.. You just don't know about anyone anymore.. he was actually a nice guy, but apparently he had some sick issues going on and hid them very well... I've been struggling with faith this whole year as it is. But I just don't understand and maybe never will why stuff like this happens.. I know it's free will... but still.:sad:

The times we live in. :sad::sad::sad:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Got out of work in a timely fashion for it being a Saturday night.
All was well, just a typical good day at 'the Crest, as I call it.

Sure was warm and windy today.
I dipped out to Arby's for the Turkey Gyro for my lunch.

Gretchen is being a little stinker tonight for some reason.
Running through the house like a maniac and even jumped on the bed without having to be lifted. :yum:
She amazes me. lol

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter

I'd feel the same as you, Angel if I had kids going to that church.
Don't know what else to say other than it's shocking at times what we find out about people we entrust with the lives of those we love.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I finished prepping the front gate today. It's taken me three full afternoons to get it done but I got to spray the rusty parts with Rustoleum ready for painting on Monday. Tomorrow is a day off as I've got 4 NFL games to watch. Hey, give me a break!!!! Even God rested on Sunday and he didn't have the NFL to watch. :brows::brows:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I finished prepping the front gate today. It's taken me three full afternoons to get it done but I got to spray the rusty parts with Rustoleum ready for painting on Monday. Tomorrow is a day off as I've got 4 NFL games to watch. Hey, give me a break!!!! Even God rested on Sunday and he didn't have the NFL to watch. :brows::brows:

Speaking of football, I was watching some of the OSU/Northwestern game.
Close, but was hoping for a blow out.
Urban looked a little nervous there for a while.
Final score 24-20.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Speaking of football, I was watching some of the OSU/Northwestern game.
Close, but was hoping for a blow out.
Urban looked a little nervous there for a while.
Final score 24-20.

I don't usually watch too much College Football. That's my wife's thing. Her Tennessee Vols got beat ... again. When the Vols get beat, the Cowboys lose, the Texas Rangers don't make the World Series and the Mavericks get whipped, I may as well move out of the house. There's going to be be no nookie at this location ... believe me. :yum::yum::yum:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Had a good day at work.
While having time to sit on my break, was looking through one of our local Sunday newspapers.
Was saddened to see that a good lady and friend (and one time former patient) passed.
Rest in beautiful peace "Oma". :flowers:
If any of you recall me mentioning going to the diner (Jim's) for Sunday breakfast or brunch, that was her place she owned and operated with a trusted son-in-law, Rick and the entire family.

I never knew she was in the Olympics when a young lady in Germany.
She was that kind of lady though. Never talked much about accomplishments.
Work, family and faith was her life.
Will be going to pay my respects tomorrow with some friends.
I truly loved Margret and she knew it.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/limaohio/obituary.aspx?n=margret-merschman&pid=182210928&fhid=27805

w1ep9k.jpg

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Today was Sunday. I totally OD'd on football. I watched 4 games culminating in the Cowboy's squeeker win over the Eagles. I know, I know, I waste every Sunday in front of the TV at this time of year but even God rested on Sunday and he didn't have the NFL to watch. :wink:

Tomorrow it's back to work. Gotta start painting the front gate.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Took me 3 days to get the truck camper loaded and ready to bring to its winter storage. Normally that would have taken an hour but when I can barely move that is how long it takes me to do things. Oh well it's loaded in the truck and ready to go.

zekeusa

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
I think a lot of people aren't in a Halloween mood, around here anyways. I missed the cemetery walk. I thought it would be Sunday but it was Friday. Everybody dresses in black and has candles and this guy gives a spooky talk about who is buried there.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I just want the damn candy.

Yea, me too but my kids are now too old for trick-or-treat. :(

Still not a bad night since our tradition is all the guys from the area meet at the end of my driveway for the trick-or-treat duration. A small fire, a couple beers and some good chat. We're in a dark, rural area so if we don't stand at the road, nobody ever stops at our houses. The wives used to carpool and take the van with all the kids out and about. All but one are now too old for that so I don't know what they're doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.