• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Went for our "Life Line" health screening today....

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
.... walked OUT without getting tested :hammer:

Was actually looking forward to this health screening, supposed to detect stroke and heart attack risks, etc etc etc. I'm over 50, so it seems like a prudent thing to do.

What a freakin cluster.

So the brochure makes it sound pretty simple, easier than going to the doctor. Not so. In fact we got calls confirming our appointment, telling us what to bring, what to wear, what time to show up, etc etc etc.

So since it says don't show up early we showed up promptly on time. Only to find out that the lady in front of us had an appointment 30 minutes prior to ours, and had been waiting without much movement in the line. There were 11 people in front of her.

WHAT . . . this is easier than going to the doctor's office? HOW?

So we ask the pleasant lady at check in what is going on, she tells us that a typical wait at these screenings, which take place in community centers and church halls, is typically 60 to 90 minutes. Not sure about you folks but I typically wait 15 to 30 minutes to see my doctor. A much shorter time, and honestly in a much more comfortable waiting room, than the hard folding chairs in the church hall where our screening was due to take place.

Now I'm mad, but the lovely Mrs_Bob is fit to be tied by this news. She asks for our money, pre-paid via credit card, to be refunded. Nice lady can't do that, but she gives us a phone number. She calls from right there. In the mean time I'm talking to the lady who is 1 spot in front of us, explain to her that the wait time is "typically" 60 to 90 minutes, and she is stunned by that news. Now she has already been there over a 1/2 hour and there are still 11 people in front of her.

Overall, not happy.

But we did get our refund.