• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

hey hey hey DOC

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
wow DOC, the new and improved server has some amazing lighting speed, well done...:eatdrink::eatdrink::eatdrink:
I sure appreciate the kind words Pontoon Princess but I am sorry to tell you the server migration was a big ole FAIL. The new server software could not run this old VB 3.x software. Well it could run it but the load averages (ie: CPU Busy) was so high that connections were refused and no one could connect.

So I made the call to move back to our old server. It's running okay, but had the new server worked we would have had SSL so our site was not seen as 'unsafe' and we would have email notifications for all once again. Those are pipe dreams for now. I have to look at a way to upgrade or move to another forum package, or ride out VB 3.x until either it or our server bite the dust. I'm looking at alternatives with no plans to rush into any solution at this point.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
I sure appreciate the kind words Pontoon Princess but I am sorry to tell you the server migration was a big ole FAIL. The new server software could not run this old VB 3.x software. Well it could run it but the load averages (ie: CPU Busy) was so high that connections were refused and no one could connect.

So I made the call to move back to our old server. It's running okay, but had the new server worked we would have had SSL so our site was not seen as 'unsafe' and we would have email notifications for all once again. Those are pipe dreams for now. I have to look at a way to upgrade or move to another forum package, or ride out VB 3.x until either it or our server bite the dust. I'm looking at alternatives with no plans to rush into any solution at this point.

ah hell what do I know, other than, this is the best I have ever seen the site function...eatdrink::eatdrink::eatdrink:

happy to have the site back and running smoothly...:eatdrink::eatdrink::eatdrink:

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter

ah hell, what do I know...:eatdrink::eatdrink::eatdrink:

just happy to have the site back and running smoothly...:eatdrink::eatdrink::eatdrink:

Cidertom

Chionophile
GOLD Site Supporter
I feel for Doc. I got a panic call friday night that a FM Broadcast station I take care of was off the air.

Seems their IT guy decided to update the machines in the control room. He noticed I "hadn't done any updates" and decided to fix it himself. Well, the playout system doesn't have drivers that will work with the latest op system. Lucky I had a pair of hidden off line machines preloaded with the software.

Going to have words tomorrow with IT about firing updates: 1, Friday night just before you leave and can't be reached. 2, Firing updates on machines you know nothing about. 3, changing the stupid admin password....

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I feel for Doc. I got a panic call friday night that a FM Broadcast station I take care of was off the air.

Seems their IT guy decided to update the machines in the control room. He noticed I "hadn't done any updates" and decided to fix it himself. Well, the playout system doesn't have drivers that will work with the latest op system. Lucky I had a pair of hidden off line machines preloaded with the software.

Going to have words tomorrow with IT about firing updates: 1, Friday night just before you leave and can't be reached. 2, Firing updates on machines you know nothing about. 3, changing the stupid admin password....
Wow, that would be rough. Good thinking having a couple machines loaded with the old stuff. Way to go.
updating without knowing what you are updating is not smart ...okay, I'll say it, it's stew-pid. :bonk:

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
fix the facebook page so you can post. then we can contact other members.