• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

please post your snow trac/ snow master interior cab upgrade photos and ideas

mchowser

Hello,

I would love to see interior pics of upgrades to the cabs of snow cats. Insulation? instrumentation, paint, design, upholstery, flooring, customization, safety items, storage, racks, heaters, electronics, etc.

Post anything of interest if you have the time or inclination.

Thanks,

Mark

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Left side of my dash with additional controls and custom labels.
dashboard.jpg

Custom shift knob. I also had a custom horn button made up with my serial number, the logo and the model number.
customshiftknob.jpg

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
This is the interior of mine - the guns were borrowed at the time, it now has a Sterling submachine gun.

Attachments

• snowtrac7 011.jpg
    snowtrac7 011.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 970

mchowser

Thanks for the posts!!! Anyone else?? I know pics are a pain to post, but the info can prove to be invaluable.:smile:

Mark

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Left side of my dash with additional controls and custom labels.
dashboard.jpg

Custom shift knob. I also had a custom horn button made up with my serial number, the logo and the model number.
customshiftknob.jpg

:hammer:Bob....I thought you would have learnt your lesson by now......you're gas guage still reads empty.:unsure:

:whistling::whistling::whistling:

clhsmith

not sure how i got the above picture to appear but on the second attempt it did. the hardwood extension is for the stereo andthe plate above it is removable for the mobile radio.there is not enough depth behind the dash otherwise.should have shrunk the picture somewhat i guess but i had enough trouble just geting it here!!!

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I like the MERCURY steering wheel center. I presume you are paying tribute to the fleet footed Greek god Mercury because the Snow Trac is so fast over the snow? :whistling:

mchowser

Wow, that looks great! Nice addition with the stereo. Can you hear above the sounds from the track when the snow is moving? Did you sound proof the interior?
Thanks for the post!

Mark

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
check out the lever on he left i'm guessing that's for the parking brake if so good place for it

clhsmith

we used built in vacumn cleaner muflers to negate the noise coming through bthe heater tubes.they seem to work great. we plan to use a space age spray on sound deadner from "quiet car.net" to make the cab quieter.will lett hhe forum know how it works out. bad typist!! the fuse panel is new and moved to the middle of the underdash.the original fuse panel location you have to be a 6 year old child or a contorsionist to get at it with the seat and stearing wheel in place.

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
painted the intreior grey today used a 3-m product callled rocker shultz than grey enamel the 3m stuff is thick and soft should absorb the sound and the grey sould brighten up things also laid 1 inch foam board on the roof and back door next step will be seats and dash already have the cht gauge and hand throttle next to the choke but i need more gauges idiot lghts don't get it for me

Attachments

• interior paint 001.jpg
    interior paint 001.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 743

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
got my non matching seat cushions in last night so i figured i would post some pics of the start of mu interior work i started bu shooting down my interior with a compound called rocker shultz than sprayed over it in battke ship grey gives the wall texture and the soft compound helps remove the harmonics when operating on hard surfaces. ive added a cht guuge i will also as time alows adding an oil temp gauge oil pessure gauge volt meter and a fuel gauge when the new tanks get here. I have also added a rifle mound for a carbine length survival gun normaly a 22 mag in the winter or a converted 1895 marlin 50 ak for the summer ii have 2 aluminum tanks being built to go back under the seats and i would eventualy like to lay 1/2 inch foam cab liner through the interior.

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
forgot the photos here they are

Attachments

• interior mods 001.jpg
    interior mods 001.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 763
  • interior mods 002.jpg
    interior mods 002.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 675
  • interior mods 003.jpg
    interior mods 003.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 676
  • interior mods 004.jpg
    interior mods 004.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 677

hendog

FYI, I can get snow trac seats made to copy the orig. It will have a bead at the edge and high density foam. They arent cheap to make I will do a whole set for 600 not including shipping from scratch. This will have low temp covering. I just did 2 myself and they turned out great!
Let me know if anyone wants a set.

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
for the way mine gets used mine wil work just fine but when i get around to raising the top i will be looking at thicker foam with 3 kids and the same amount of dogs the bead is just some thing to get riped off so i will continue with the smooth edges