• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

How about them gas prices?

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
3 days ago it was $2.01 at the one station.

20181207_112311.jpg

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Nice prices! Here in PA, we have one of the highest tax rates on gas so we're still about $3.15.

road squawker

GOLD Site Supporter
i filled up last week in Corinth Ms,......$1.90 for Shell 87 octane

" Here in PA, we have one of the highest tax rates on gas so we're still about $3.15." .......... hope that $1.25/gal gets you a lot of "infrastructure"

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
If I just did the exchanges and math right you winning the price rate by a wide margin at 4.98 US per gallon.

Sounds about right. Cost me $150 to fill the truck from under a quarter tank. When I do fill up, I head either to the reservation where they have gas at 1.05 per liter. Or I try to wait until I make a trip to the border to pick up parcels. It's only a 35 minute drive. When I gas there, I can fill up for around $65. Even with the exchange, it's still way cheaper.

Bamby

If it were me I'd be packing some gas cans when I hit the States. But then again it may be illegal to pack fuel back across the border.

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
It dropped here to $1.95 for a week or so. I saw today it was up to $2.25

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I believe you can only take one can across the border. I'll have to check on that when I go next week to pick up some gifts we ordered.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
As of this afternoon, the price for regular was on average about $1.95.

What gets me is that the price for diesel was $2.90. That's almost a dollar difference and I probably use as much diesel as I do gas. It's not that long ago that the difference between gas and diesel was around 35 cents. Thank the Lord that I can buy tax exempt red diesel for the tractors and mowers.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We're still at 1.24 a liter up here. But it's a known fact that this part of the province always gets screwed with higher prices on most things. The yuppies in Toronto claim it's because we're considered remote and the cost of transportation is more. Funny thing is that most of the products going to Toronto from the west including gasoline passes right through here. Back to the gas prices. Down in Toronto it's hovering around $1 per liter meanwhile we're at 1.24. There's a big investigation into price gouging for fuel prices.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
$2.69 currently in my area of PA, highest state taxes in the USA and going up another 8 cents after the first!

Attachments

• 1AAC060B-94C1-4598-8D76-5669D684AA27.jpg
    1AAC060B-94C1-4598-8D76-5669D684AA27.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 161

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
So 2 weeks ago gas here was at 114.1 per liter. Last week it was up to 124.9. This week we're up to 135.1 in preparation for trudeau's f@##$g stupid carbon tax he claims will encourage people to take public transit and buy electric cars. He's so out to lunch. That might work for Toronto but up here, public transit is next to non existent. Towns are often 200kms + apart. There are only 2 charging stations for electric cars in a city of 115000 people. He's got his head so far up his ass. The cost of everything will go up. Home heating. Groceries. Clothes. Everything.

For comparison, down at the border 40km away, the gas equals out to 98.1 cents per liter.

Canadian eh!!!

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Climbing back up toward $2.75 a gallon. Now mind you that is with the USA pumping out record amounts of crude every day. We are now a net exporter for the first time in 75 years. Incredible.

Imagine what we would be paying right now if Super Bitch was POTUS with her/it shutting down of all crude production on Federal lands and harassing the shit out of the oil and coal companies.

MAGA!! MAGA!! MAGA!!

Bamby

I live near the Pa. state line in WV and gas stations are using Pa's taxes to make better margins for themselves so the prices here are higher than they could be. But there is enough savings that it seems all the Pa residents passing through are filling up before they return plus those in the know who are passing through Pa in an attempt to avoid purchasing fuel in Pa.

It used to be my best value on fuel was out in Cambridge Oh. on my way to the river. Used to save 20¢ or more per gallon and that savings adds up pretty quick. But I've read that may soon be going away because Ohio's pushing to increase there fuel taxes too.

jwstewar

After jumping to $2.79 last week it is starting to drop back down a bit - though it'll jump again tomorrow. I saw everything from $2.37 this morning to $2.69. I filled the car last night on the way home and I went to one of the cheaper stations and got it for $2.39 (one of the ones that was $2.37 this morning).

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Made a trip to Richmond yesterday. Filled up for $2.38 a gallon. Its around $2.60 or so here.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I think we're in the $2.7x range right now.
I was on the PA turnpike over the weekend and their rest areas were $2.85