• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Dang Leni, you need to watch those fences you put up. If you can't see them the bunny may hurt himself running into them and sue you!:w00t2::yum::yum:

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
My son and his wife are coming for dinner. I'm keeping it simple. Grilled rib eyes, corn, and a spinach salad from TJ's.
That's keeping it simple? Damn... Sounds like a full blown dinner around here! Sorry to hear about the fall, sucks.

Leni

If you can't see them the bunny may hurt himself running into them and sue you!

I was bending over to place the hose on my tomatoes and down I went. You are right. This states sues at the drop of a hat. I'll have to fix that part of the fence. I took it almost to the ground.

Leni

DH is husking the corn. I'll have SIL toss the salad, and I'll be sitting by the BBQ with my leg up and a drink in my hand.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Mostly winding down today from yesterday. Even took a three hour nap this afternoon. Weather was icky with cold windy rain.

BRGTold

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Im dreading going back to Subway sandwich shop tomm..guess i get to climb that dambed ladder again..beer drinkin now..B,:doh:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Took Gretchen for a walk in the park right before sunset.
Came back and she started scratching and biting at her tail-- fleas!! grrrrrrr
So.. she got a bath, the carpets got sprayed and vacuumed, then stripped the bed and washed the sheets in hot water, vacuumed the mattress..
Wore myself out freaking out over a possible flea infestation from a 5lb dachshund..
I'll have to go to the vet tomorrow and get some Frontline.
Bought a flea collar for her at the grocery store.. Hartz, but they don't work that well.. if at all.
That said, she hasn't scratched at all since "the treatment".. probably too worn out from watching me race around..
She's under the couch.. ticked, I think.. (pardon the pun)
So much for relaxing.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Landscaping, mow the lawn this afternoon before it rains. Supposed to be pushing 90 here today with much more humididity. :hammer:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
We are getting showers from the southeast already. Not amounting to much yet as the dust was rolling while the farmer down the valley was discing an hour ago. Need to try to plant some more little trees and a raspberry bush before we get more rain.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
It's cooler than it was yesterday at this time.
Some scattered thunderstorms are around, but nothing here as yet.
Says 30% chance anyhow.

Oh, right now I'm sitting here in the woman cave watchin' y'all.. :shifty::yum:

2.jpg

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Split and stacked about a cord of oak . Hopefully I'll get the three cords I have left done before the next 8 cords of oak arrive :yum:
Looked a bit like rain ,so I called it quits for today . Probably hang out here for the afternoon .

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Well scratch the planting! We are getting pounded by hard rain now. Pg, do you miss work that much?:whistling::yum:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Went to the vet for some flea treatment for Gretch today.
Vet wanted almost $40.00 for the pack of 3 doses.
Forget that!

I got it for $25.00+tax at the pet supply store.
After applying it as it said, she promptly ran into the bedroom and rolled around on her back.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Just spent the last 5 days out in the bush at our annual fish camp. Fishing was great! Weather was nice. Had to deal with an adult black bear in the camp last night.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
the usual- school, late lunch, went to buy groceries, lounged & 'at 4 a few, dinner, went to the bar to trade my $ for $1's & $5's & to chit-chat, then realized a few minutes ago that i hafta complete a 4-pg. assignment & that i have a quiz in the morning involving many acronyms that i hafta learn yet. better hit the books soon-

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
Doctor's office first thing in the morning for a routine check-up (labs done last week), then shopping in KC. Got home in time
for a substation to blow and leave us power-less. After sitting around for nearly four hours gave up on doing dinner, went
out to a good Mexican place.

Got back to have the neighbors let us know the power came back on about five minutes after we left. :doh:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I worked today (so see, silly voicemail person?-- I wasn't "out and about" lol)
Shift was okay.. better than it has been lately.

Got a call from my son Jeff and my brother in law this morning telling me the family are going to go to Independence Dam State park for a day picnic and fishing/volley ball etc.. on Saturday and I'd better be there.
Can't.. this is my weekend to work and my holiday to work too :/

Jeff and his girlfriend are going to the Indy 500 too and wanted me to go along.. something they'd asked me about weeks ago.
Would have loved to go.

Looks like I'll be missing all the good holiday weekend stuff.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Gettin ready for the parta this Saturday .............. stop in if you're around!

1. Tap the keg
  2. Extreme mowing
  3. Check the temperature on the kegerator ............ taste test
  4. Get the horse shoe pits ready
  5. Adjust the CO2 on the keg ............ pour and taste test
  6. Weed wack ............... temperature on the keg a little too low ........ adjust ..... pour and sip to be sure it ain't froze
  7. Clean garage
  8. CO2 just about dialed in ........... pour to make sure the foam is down .... can't let it go to waste
  9. Make sure the dart board works
  10. 35 degrees, perfect ...... I know cause I tried it

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hope you have a GREAT party Saturday Dawg. Weather should be awesome. :beer:

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
Gettin ready for the parta this Saturday .............. stop in if you're around!

1. Tap the keg
  2. Extreme mowing
  3. Check the temperature on the kegerator ............ taste test
  4. Get the horse shoe pits ready
  5. Adjust the CO2 on the keg ............ pour and taste test
  6. Weed wack ............... temperature on the keg a little too low ........ adjust ..... pour and sip to be sure it ain't froze
  7. Clean garage
  8. CO2 just about dialed in ........... pour to make sure the foam is down .... can't let it go to waste
  9. Make sure the dart board works
  10. 35 degrees, perfect ...... I know cause I tried it

Sounds like fun! What's the occasion?

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I don't have a clue what I'm going to do this afternoon... I'll walk around until I find something.

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
Let me see. Did 2 rentals, posted a few payments, hung a plant for my wife and loaded 500 rounds of black powder 45 Colt ammo. A fairly quite day.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Quit on the pool and then mowed till my arms hurt. Got over half of it mowed at the proper height for the first time this year. Helped the wife plant some stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.