• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Finally got the garage started!

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Looks great Big Dog!!

Although I think you built it too small.............

K

Biggest the wallet would spare while maintaining the allure. The location doesn't allow for anything larger either.

No doubt, it's going to be full with vehicles if I choose but the upstairs is going to be an equalizer!

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Lights look great Dawg , Are you planning on putting a railing on the staircase ? That would be one heck of a first step if you weren,t paying attention :biggrin:

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Lights look great Dawg , Are you planning on putting a railing on the staircase ? That would be one heck of a first step if you weren,t paying attention :biggrin:

Yep after the window/door/molding trim ................ :) , the stair bannister

and then openers and heaters

and then .............. hmmmmmmm might be getting close ............... :biggrin:

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Damn, looking good. Having the doors up at night will block some of the light but I don't think it'll hurt you at all. Looks like there is excess cord to drop a few of them in certain areas if you need it.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Almost time for the beer and dancing girls.
Heck yeah! I'd drink to that. :beer: :D

Very nice Dawg. So, how is the upstairs going to be the equalizer? Are you saying Cheryl is going to take it over and make you pay dearly? :yum:

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Started doing some moving tonight ............ 2 tool chest, air compressor, generator, pressure washer, fridge, microwave, yard tools, dollie, and jacks.

Still have the Harley, 1/2 ton of lead, shelving, reloading bench/presses, and lots of filled storage boxes. When I worked away from home I collected home stuffs from every stop. I think I need to have a "garage sale" ...... :yum:

Lia

Banned
Coming along beautifully, dontcha just love it when a plan comes together? Fabulous pics too, you must be so proud of it all. :smile:

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Trim is done, now to figure it all out .............

Attachments

• IMG_0426.JPG
    IMG_0426.JPG
    142.4 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_0429.JPG
    IMG_0429.JPG
    145.6 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_0431.JPG
    IMG_0431.JPG
    181 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_0434.JPG
    IMG_0434.JPG
    158.6 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_0436.JPG
    IMG_0436.JPG
    145.4 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_0422.JPG
    IMG_0422.JPG
    161.9 KB · Views: 102

norscaner

I have been following the project and just wanted to say that is one fine building Dog that is even nicer than your Avatar and this says alot.:thumb:

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Very nice Greg.

Question... Why are there no floor drains?

There are 3, one for each bay approximately 14' from the garage door fronts. Here's 2 ........

Attachments

• IMG_0436.JPG
    IMG_0436.JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The latest ........ Starting to clean up and organize, be the weekend project. Finished installing the heaters and testing all is well. Since last update .... banister for the stairs and loft, garage door openers, heaters, more shelving, Sirius radio antenna installed, and beer in the fridge! Took some pictures with a little load on the garage for the first time ............. :biggrin:

Attachments

• IMG_0443.JPG
    IMG_0443.JPG
    179.3 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_0444.JPG
    IMG_0444.JPG
    157.4 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_0445.JPG
    IMG_0445.JPG
    139 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_0447.JPG
    IMG_0447.JPG
    164.3 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_0448.JPG
    IMG_0448.JPG
    164.1 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_0450.JPG
    IMG_0450.JPG
    168.8 KB · Views: 68

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
cont ........

Attachments

• IMG_0452.JPG
    IMG_0452.JPG
    152.4 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_0463.JPG
    IMG_0463.JPG
    159.2 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_0462.JPG
    IMG_0462.JPG
    184.7 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_0458.JPG
    IMG_0458.JPG
    127.9 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_0457.JPG
    IMG_0457.JPG
    125.9 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_0454.JPG
    IMG_0454.JPG
    129.1 KB · Views: 68

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
......... and some more .......

Attachments

• IMG_0465.JPG
    IMG_0465.JPG
    142.2 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_0467.JPG
    IMG_0467.JPG
    140.4 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_0469.JPG
    IMG_0469.JPG
    148.3 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_0471.JPG
    IMG_0471.JPG
    168.9 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_0473.JPG
    IMG_0473.JPG
    183.7 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_0475.JPG
    IMG_0475.JPG
    152.7 KB · Views: 69

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Looks good! Take at least a month off before you start the addition for the 4 wheelers!:whistling::clap::clap::clap:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Looking real good Greg.

Amazing how fast they fill up, isn't it?

Real quick as I don't want to sidetrack your thread, how do you like that tow behind spreader for your ATV? I bought what I believe to be the same one from TSC a couple months ago but haven't used it yet. Anything to watch out for? Does it spread evenly?

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Real quick as I don't want to sidetrack your thread, how do you like that tow behind spreader for your ATV? I bought what I believe to be the same one from TSC a couple months ago but haven't used it yet. Anything to watch out for? Does it spread evenly?

My experience is that any single spreader will favor one side more than the other.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter

My experience is that any single spreader will favor one side more than the other.

We've had that spreader for about 5 years and works great. The drop holes are configured for even distribution (6 holes in circumference) so I haven't experienced a one sided distribution. I do know that spreading weed and feed on a setting of 3 at 6-8 mph gives me a nice 12-14' swath. Grass at a setting of 5 at the same speed opens it up to about 16-18'. It's earned it's keep!!!

Warning, once you open the gate get going or you'll drop a bunch were you set. I reach back and open after moving. Sometimes tricky!

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
that attic looks like a great place for a reloading bench!
good job on this -- wanna come out and help me with mine, now?
:)

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
And not a single empty bottle on the workbench during all that work, for shame

Just kidding. Looks great

Attachments

• IMG_0465a.JPG
    IMG_0465a.JPG
    142.2 KB · Views: 48

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
IMHO (OK, in my neighborhood), His fridge constitutes almost empty...

BTW BD, Did you pull wires for speakers throughout the place? I thought you said Yes in a previous post but this thread is too long for me to go back and re-read.

I also figured you for a Reznor kind of guy since they're local to your area.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter

BTW BD, Did you pull wires for speakers throughout the place? I thought you said Yes in a previous post but this thread is too long for me to go back and re-read.

I promise, I'll do better ...... :biggrin:

No, I didn't but I don't see that as an issue. I have a Sirius boom box that is performing beautifully. The acoustics in the garage are as good as the old Stanley Theater ......... :brows:

The Mr. Heaters were purchased based on reviews and cost. First test saw good results, we'll see come Winter ........ I will say they are very quiet!