• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

How far have you ever launched a golf ball?

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
OMG Fog.. I am not sure how my wife kept from askin me if I was alright reading that. I was busting a gut! :yum::yum::yum:

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
OMG Fog.. I am not sure how my wife kept from askin me if I was alright reading that. I was busting a gut! :yum::yum::yum:

I don't know what those guys were thinking shooting the cannon off inside during the winter. The Blast from it alone stunned them for awhile before they started to grasp what had happened.

If the golf ball hadn't hit the "I" beam, the golf ball would have gone though the wall, my shop and about a half dozen other businesses down the way, so they were pretty lucky that other than going deaf for half an hour, they got off pretty easy...

willie

I've got a little golf ball beastie I made as well. My first thought was why do the welded breech, but I forget that not everyone has the background or access to tools to drill deep blind holes. (One of my former customers builds full scale Civil War reproductions) I only shoot mine with (2) 35mm film canisters full of FFF and it makes one hell of a boom. The trick, at least for mine, is to pack several wads of newspaper in there tight before adding the golf ball. The thing sounds like light artillery going off. I also have loaded ping pong balls with silicone and "patched" them using damp terry cloth. You never see them leave or land. I'll try to remember to post up a pic. I have to admit the stories in this thread had me chuckling. I can't begin to tell you how many times I've had the Wile E Coyote look on my face with that thing (and the s**t-eatin' grin that goes with the big BOOM)

baldy347

Hi All,
am new here but read much with interest. For a real hoot google "bowling ball mortor" Three oz. of black will send a 16 pound ball about 900 yards!
baldy347

bill w

i would suggest you take it to a big lake on a flat like glass day.....after a couple of test fires you could put your least liked relative in a boat out there where you think it landed...off to the side of course...have fun....i'm looking thru some dragline parts for a bigger nut,i remember having to build a wrench to turn it.if memory serves me correct it was 11 1/4 inches.....bill w