• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Good Morning ! Kinda cool at 37 this morning . So, thewood stove is lit ,andI’m enjoying watching the flames and having SOS and coffee . Gonna hit the woodlot again this morning as the weather is supposed to turn cruddy tomorrow . Enjoy your Sunday !

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Morning John!
Cool here too, naturally.
I've got the caffeine a comin to wake me up.
Was up far too late talking to the kids about the engagement.
:yum:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Wussies! Lol.

Just got home from a scout camp. Woke up to a crisp -6 celcius outside the little cabin. Loaded up our gear and headed out on the water paddling in a snow storm to get back to the trucks. Nice to be home after two cold nights. The cabin has a small woodstove but that's only good if someone wakes up every two hours to stoke it full.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
The kids are letting me treat them to dinner out before she heads back to Pittsburgh.
I better get my glad rags on and get moving.
:smile:

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Since I am looking outside at 3" of new snow, thinking about taking the Snow Trac out for a ride around some fields of yet to be harvested corn and soybeans.

I don't remember a time we had snow this early.... with a million dollars worth of crop still standing...

Can not harvest, might as well have some fun already... ! :wink:

Regards, Kirk

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Since I am looking outside at 3" of new snow, thinking about taking the Snow Trac out for a ride around some fields of yet to be harvested corn and soybeans.

I don't remember a time we had snow this early.... with a million dollars worth of crop still standing...

Can not harvest, might as well have some fun already... ! :wink:

Regards, Kirk
I thought about you last nite when I saw Des Moines getting snow. I remember helping grandpa harvest corn in December a few times. Bitter work.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
So!
I got home from work first, then Aimee a little after 4:30.
Made dinner which was adequate, but nothing to write home about.
Then George comes buzzing us all desperate saying "you neeeeed to try my cake, please please come down and try my cake"

George is Hispanic and hilarious, in his 60s, gay and just the sweetest thing ever.

So we had the cake offered.
A butterscotch whiskey cream cake.
Mercy!

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Good Morning All ! Looks like it’ll be a nice day ,34/50 and sunny . Gonna finish my coffee , load up a couple of saws ,and go create future BTU’s . Hope you all have a great and safe day . Excelsoir ! ! !

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Today the fitness center to walk on the treatmill and flirt with a lady I've had a few coffee dates with. Then I'm going to help one of my county supervisors make a commercial. He's running for reelection and wants a video of what he has done and is going to do to help Veterans, so I'm glad to help him. Then lunch with them. Then a meeting with the Council Bluffs Rifle and Pistol Club.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Not a whole lot on my plate today. Just a dental appointment for one of the kids. So I will head out soon to do a little thrift store shopping to see what deals I can muster up. Particularly in camping gear. Some good deals to be had. Eg. A fellow scout leader picked up a small propane heater that goes normally for $100. He got it for $7. I may try finding a good arctic sleeping bag at an army surplus store as we will be doing a bit of winter camping with the scouts. I have one but it's 25 years old and doesn't hold the heat anymore.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I will be spending much of the day at the local high school making children cry :hammer:

Well, I will be critiquing their senior projects in one of the classes. If I make them cry that is just a bonus :yum:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Nothing today to report that is exciting other than I did not get put in Farcebook jail.
I guess the email notification I got was a warning of sorts, then a friend told me change your password silly.
I did.
It worked.

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
Considering all of the security problems they've had, just getting rid of your account might be the best thing. You have enough "stuff" in your life without Farcebook.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Considering all of the security problems they've had, just getting rid of your account might be the best thing. You have enough "stuff" in your life without Farcebook.
I know, but there are a lot of things I post here that I can only find on there.
Besides, I've tons of friends and family on there who would be disappointed if I did.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Just finished breakfast.
Going to go see my grandbabies this afternoon.
:thumbup:

20181017_090204-768x768.jpg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I saw my babies and Ty.
It's a sad situation right now.
They miss me like crazy.
She is adamant that it's over.
I'm glad it is, for his sake.
A woman like her doesn't know how to make a happy, healthy home.

She's living with a "friend" and her child, says she's going back to work and put the girls in daycare.
I don't believe it.at.all.
Meanwhile he's back in the big house by the dam and not sleeping at the shop.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
spending my daze bickering w/ insurance folks saying they suddenly decline my 1 snooze med-- fuk 'em-- i dig my heels in, tho-- if i've got to~~

my pal got me a few items- boots!! i saw him ordering 'em, & he got me a new desk/cabinet, as well--

Last edited:

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Good Morning ! Doing what should be my last chemo . After that , it’s anbody’s guess .

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Yesterday we dropped the big oak from my front yard. I hired a service because of the size and proximity to my house, (and my neighbor's as well)

Not as big as the one NIXON just cut up but a lot of firewood just the same.

They used a "LIMBINATOR" to grab and surgically remove each branch. Stacked them on my front yard and put the 12 foot of main trunk ( 37" diameter at 24" off the ground and 30" at twelve feet.) on my trailer. I'm guessing it weighs in about 5,000 Lbs

Tonite we have to cut the limbs up in pieces sizable to load and haul off my front yard. The trunk goes to a friend who has a sawmill and makes tabletops from large oaks and walnut trees. With no rot or damage inside, this one is prime for him

The bedroom is finally mudded in and primed. That gets painted, and the furniture moved in so our tropicals can have the back porch before a killing frost comes in.

Gonna be a busy week end.

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
They used a "LIMBINATOR" to grab and surgically remove each branch. Stacked them on my front yard and put the 12 foot of main trunk ( 37" diameter at 24" off the ground and 30" at twelve feet.) on my trailer. I'm guessing it weighs in about 5,000 Lbs.

Pretty good estimate !! I ran two programs and came up with 4090 and 5030 !

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Today I'm doing as little as possible.
It's been a little busy for me.
I have today off.
Yesterday was a doozie.. sheesh!

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Pretty good estimate !! I ran two programs and came up with 4090 and 5030 !

Thanks.

With the exception of the two big trunk pieces, I got the rest of the limbs cut to 14"firewood size. All with a 14" Chicago electric chainsaw I bought from Harbor freight for $69.00. Absolutely amazed that the blade stayed sharp , and still is, for that kind of money

Both of my cantankerous Husky's stayed in the garage.

I'm debating having the top trunks cut into table tops. The wood has no center rot or defects but lots of knots making for an interesting grain pattern. The same guy who will be using the main trunk could do it.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I've been asked to do a night shift tonight.
It's only fair to cover for the one sick who covered for me, can't say no to that.
Otherwise, life marches on.
Boom, boom boom..

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
I bought some brown envelopes, some 4" 3/4" pipe niples, a couple caps, some THHN stranded wire, and these really nifty little display-only clocks................

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
Because of my pills I only slept my usual 3 hours (that's how long my pills knock me out for) - I got up and went outside, when I came back in I saw my cat Toronto hanging out by my sliding door. I tried to shoe him away but ZOOM he went right out the door

I figured he would come back in so went back to bed I got another 3 hours or so of sleep then some junk call woke me up so I got up went out had the door open and sure enough without me even trying to get him back ZOOM he came back in then after he ate breakfast he jumped up on my bed, and promptly barf all over it. I could change the covers no problem there but the barf ran down onto the floor, I think I would prefer that he had stayed outside

I then took a shower, just when I was getting out the phone rang, I picked it up just as it was going to voice mail, so then after I got the message I called it back and the auto switchboard wouldn't put me through. Finally I got through and was told that I need to pay 300 bucks for a co-pay when I check in for a surgery I'm scheduled for on Wednesday

Then I took my day dose of epilepsy pills and haven't taken a nap, so I'm high as a kite.
Oh what fun

Status
Not open for further replies.