• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

UL warns of counterfeit extension cords, power strips, surge protectors and etc

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I know I posted this in several places, but everyone needs to see it.

Underwriters Laboratories Inc. is notifying consumers that the "My Helper" products identified in the link below have not been evaluated for safety by UL, and bear counterfeit UL Marks.

To view this public notice, visit http://www.ul.com/newsroom/newsrel/nr120406.html

For more information, contact Joe Hirschmugl in Northbrook, Ill., by phone at +1-847-664-1508; or by e-mail at Joseph.F.Hirschmugl@us.ul.com.

Cityboy

Banned
Hey Egoboy- have you ever considered going an entire 24 hour period of your life when you did not make an uncalled for smart-assed comment? :confused2:

Gatorboy

Cityboy said:
... have you ever considered going an entire 24 hour period of your life when you did not make an uncalled for smart-assed comment? :confused2:

I can't remember when the last time I've made an uncalled for smartass comment.

jwstewar

Gatorboy said:

How about the 2 in this thread? Jerry is posting something that could potentially safe someone's home or life, the least you could do would be to respect that. As Mom used to say, if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything.

Just for you Gator, gas around here is running $2.21.9 at most places.

Attachments

• 100_0724 (Medium).JPG
    100_0724 (Medium).JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 54

Gatorboy

jwstewar said:
Jerry is posting something that could potentially safe someone's home or life, the least you could do would be to respect that.

I can hear the violins playing now ...

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Gatorboy said:
EXACTLY THE ISSUE! You're so much smarter than us that you must correct everything. It's just us dummies that think it's a smartass remark.

Gatorboy said:
I can hear the violins playing now ...
OK, let's change the pic to kids you know.

Feel the same? What if these kids got injured or worse from one of these potentially faulty products?

051207-1-057-WR.jpg

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Gatorboy said:
I don't know those kids
Oh, well then I guess it would be OK for them to have some of these fire hazards in their homes :pat:

Personally, I appreciate the warnings. They rarely generate much follow up conversation because there is very little to actually discuss. A warning is just a warning. Heed it or not. But I think that many of us do read these warnings and consider them, the fact that it was posted several times is not an issue with me, some people don't visit all the forum areas so in looking over the multiple posting locations it seems like some care was taken to choose varied areas where various people will see the warnings. JMO

Gatorboy

... we must do it for the children.

Classic line used by politicians, school boards and now apparently FF members. Gotta love it!

B_Skurka said:
Oh, well then I guess it would be OK for them to have some of these fire hazards in their homes

The information just said the labels are counterfeit, it never claimed they were inferior.

jwstewar

Gatorboy said:
The information just said the labels are counterfeit, it never claimed they were inferior.

If they weren't inferior, why wouldn't they go through the process and get the labels/approval legitimately?:confused2: Sounds to me like someone has something to hide...

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
For my smart ass comment of the day.........

They were posted in several locations because not everyone reads and scrutinzes every post as well as you.
And until the mods or Doc tell me to stop, I'll post what I want, where I want. In my mind, I was passing along something important and useful to normal people. Wish you were in that group.
If it annoys you, there is probably an ignore feature on the forum, feel free to use it.