• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Fixing the old place to sell = Pain !!

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Back is so sore I can hardly move this morning . Gotta get out and start moving to get it loosened up .

I can see at least 8 trips to the Ranch to move everything . Want to know what I will be doing most of Dec ????:sad::w00t2:
You will be going to the chiropractor!:yum: What happened to 4 big trailer loads to move? I took almost 3 months to move from my Pa. farm to the mountains. Dug a big ass hole and burned and scrapped a lot of stuff. Gave stuff away to charities and sold a few things. Delivered some of the kids stuff to them and still had too much. Did the same thing when I built this place.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
You will be going to the chiropractor!:yum: What happened to 4 big trailer loads to move?

I guess I lied :unsure:.. The back yard and everything outside is now cleaned up , hauled off or on the trailer for the first trip to Idaho . :clap:

I may leave for Idaho in a hurry , as I am trying to get there and back between storms . Good chance I may leave Sunday or Monday .

Tomorrow I'll start loading up my daughters car with the stuff she is taking back to San Deigo . Now she wishes she had a trailer to haul back the big China Buffet too.

The Kristi KT3 will go up on its own trailer along with the new tracks , top , boxes and boxes of new parts . and all the paint . It will be a big load .

1931 Model A pickup and the car lift will also go up in one trip by themselves .

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
I guess I lied :unsure:.. The back yard and everything outside is now cleaned up , hauled off or on the trailer for the first trip to Idaho . :clap:

I may leave for Idaho in a hurry , as I am trying to get there and back between storms . Good chance I may leave Sunday or Monday .

Tomorrow I'll start loading up my daughters car with the stuff she is taking back to San Deigo . Now she wishes she had a trailer to haul back the big China Buffet too.

The Kristi KT3 will go up on its own trailer along with the new tracks , top , boxes and boxes of new parts . and all the paint . It will be a big load .

1931 Model A pickup and the car lift will also go up in one trip by themselves .
Ok Al I'm going to be a gentalman and refrain from any comments about your snow cat riding on a trailer do be safe and look forward to following your finnishing up the krusty I still think you need a slow trac to haul that new dog around in my loves it.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Ok Al I'm going to be a gentalman and refrain from any comments about your snow cat riding on a trailer do be safe and look forward to following your finnishing up the krusty I still think you need a slow trac to haul that new dog around in my loves it.

I Do appreciate that :smile:..

In the mean time , I have crammed the back of the truck full of stuff to move . God help us , if we run off the road . I'll have shit scattered for a mile !!!!

The trailer is all loaded and tied down . All I need to do is check the lights and grease the Bearing Buddies on the trailer tomorrow .

Stuff is starting to disappear !!!!!:wow::wow:. I like it !

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
"Stuff is starting to disappear !!!!!"

Good thing your neighbor helped you out, isn't it!:yum::yum:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Oh Yea ! He's just great .....NOT !

I got even !!!! He wanted my old dog crate . I even delivered it to him complete with the still full box of cat litter inside . He will spend a year trying to figure out where the new smell is coming from before he thinks to check it out .

I love myself !!!!!!!:whistling:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Was thinking I should have left this morning for Idaho as its blue skies here today .
After checking Road conditions , I would have not gotten far . Chain Control; is about 25 miles up the road .
The new plan is to hit the road about 5 AM tomorrow . I have a 3 day window to get there and back, before another storm comes in ,

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Good luck on the road. Remember that weight will push you around no matter what you are driving. Hauled our last loads in snow when we moved and pulling a trailer is slow going at times on the hills. Hope your trailer brake has a good adjustment on the controller.

loboloco

Al, take this from a 'pro driver'. Take it easy, and don't use the brakes if you can help it. Trailers have a tendency to break loose on snow when brakes are used.
Remember, there is nothing in the load worth your life or the lives of others.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Al got in trouble with the wife when he fixed the porch awning.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Al, take this from a 'pro driver'. Take it easy, and don't use the brakes if you can help it. Trailers have a tendency to break loose on snow when brakes are used.
Remember, there is nothing in the load worth your life or the lives of others.

SO TRUE !!!!
I use to work Interstate 80 as an equipment operator in the winters as it pretty much shuts down in construction around here . Learned to drive pretty well on pack ice .

You see some pretty strange things up there , that people do .

loboloco

SO TRUE !!!!
I use to work Interstate 80 as an equipment operator in the winters as it pretty much shuts down in construction around here . Learned to drive pretty well on pack ice .

You see some pretty strange things up there , that people do .
Since I came off the road, I have been watching others around here really close. We get ice rathr than snow and it makes even a simple grocery run an adventure.
The really funny thing is watching the 'snow birds' get on it thinking it is like snow and busting their vehicles up. Fortunately, they don;t get hurt very much, just shook up.
Don't know if you have one, but if you do, I would also recommend using a CB to help keep track of conditions ahead of you.
Which route will you be using by the way?

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Since I came off the road, I have been watching others around here really close. We get ice rathr than snow and it makes even a simple grocery run an adventure.
The really funny thing is watching the 'snow birds' get on it thinking it is like snow and busting their vehicles up. Fortunately, they don;t get hurt very much, just shook up.
Don't know if you have one, but if you do, I would also recommend using a CB to help keep track of conditions ahead of you.
Which route will you be using by the way?

Ca Hwy 20 E/B to I-80 E/B to Winnemucca to U.S. 95 N all the way to Grangeville Idaho.Then go to the end of Hwy 14 . Welcome to Elk City, Id .
Total distance is 756 miles . Makes for one long ass day ....

loboloco

Ca Hwy 20 E/B to I-80 E/B to Winnemucca to U.S. 95 N all the way to Grangeville Idaho.Then go to the end of Hwy 14 . Welcome to Elk City, Id .
Total distance is 756 miles . Makes for one long ass day ....
I hope you have a relief driver with you. Otherwise, might wind up taking two days for a one way trip. That would be cutting it close to return before the weather closes in again.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I hope you have a relief driver with you. Otherwise, might wind up taking two days for a one way trip. That would be cutting it close to return before the weather closes in again.

Depending on the weather , the wife will drive out through Oregon on 95 . Its flat and barren . She hates pulling a trailer but it's a 55MPH state and it gives me a chance to grab 2 hours sleep before taking back over , through the mountains .

Good luck on the tree :whistling:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Hey Al, I just had a thought. you are moving now to get out of putting up lights aren't you! Sly old fox!!!:clap::clap:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
After spending 4 fucking hours trying to get the trailer brakes working , I am ready to roll early AM . The damn Napa Trailer adapter was a POS !!!!

Snowing in Elk City all week but we are going to haul ass and pray for the best . I figure I am running about 16,000 -20,000 GVW pounds on this run .
Donner Summit will be a cake walk as I know that section so well . Whitebird grade may get a little exciting and going down Mt. Idaho Grade may leave skid marks in my shorts tomorrow . Chains for all 4 wheels are also loaded up.
I'll post again in about 3 or 4 days with any luck .

Should be able to get into the ranch as they have about 8" of snow in the road . Nieghbor said he may run his Skiidder down the road if we get any more snow tonight . I am not worried until we hit about 16" in the road .:w00t2:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Ice torn up the trailer wiring by the time I got to Winnemucca. Still had 500 miles to go .No brakes on the trailer !!! 17 hours later we got here. I'll be headed back at 4AM in the morning . Got the trailer lights working but no trailer brakes as everything is torn out of the drums . It will be a slow trip !!!!

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Well ......We made it home in one piece . God , I am beat .
The first 300 miles coming back were on pack ice and the truck took all of my attention to keep from getting thrown off the road . My arms and shoulders ache this morning .No relief driving comming back as the wife was too scared to help .:neutral::sad:
I may have to rethink this a little . Maybe leave some stuff to springtime and just store it for now .

It was snowing to beat the band when we left Elk City yesterday morning and they are forcasting 5 more days of snow . It is going to get deep !!!

loboloco

Al, now you know why I live south of the Mason-Dixon. It may get cold here, even occasional snow, but most of the time we can at least get around without acting like an out of control skater.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Al, now you know why I live south of the Mason-Dixon. It may get cold here, even occasional snow, but most of the time we can at least get around without acting like an out of control skater.

Yes i agree . The problem is ,,, I love the little area up there . We were there about 36 hours , from the time we arrived to the time we left . In that time ,I recieved another job offer for the winter plowing snow , Got invited to 2 partys . And scared the hell outta about 50 Elk that were camped out on the hay bales in the front pasture .

I am going to start looking at buying a semi trailer to haul everything in one load .
I wanna go home .....:unsure:

loboloco

Yes i agree . The problem is ,,, I love the little area up there . We were there about 36 hours , from the time we arrived to the time we left . In that time ,I recieved another job offer for the winter plowing snow , Got invited to 2 partys . And scared the hell outta about 50 Elk that were camped out on the hay bales in the front pasture .

I am going to start looking at buying a semi trailer to haul everything in one load .
I wanna go home .....:unsure:
Al, unless you have real need for one, rental would be cheaper and a better option. I might suggest renting a container, loading it and paying for the haulage. That way, maintenance and taxes and licensing aren't your head-ache. Especially with California's crazy restrictions.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Still searching for a better moving plan . I spent today fixing the truck and trailer for the next load . Need to kick it into a higher gear and get this finished up . Trying to decide what to haul up next . I might just move the Kristi KT3 and all the related stuff with it , I then could load the camper shell with house hold stuff . Suppose to snow for at least a week so I got a little time to make a decision .
I got wayyyy too much shit .......:w00t2:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Lucky that I returned from Idaho when I did instead of staying a extra day . Been snowing hard in Idaho and I -80 has had chain control since I returned over Donner Summit .
Grabbng the camera and taking pictures to try and put stuff on Craigslist today as well as pack up the shop .