• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Bathroom Rules?

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm at the Admiral's Club and just waslked out of the rest room. There was a large sign, in Aribic with an English translation, instructing people not to flush hand towels! Huh? Why would anyone flush a hand towel? Odd thing is that the towels are in another room with the sinks and completely apart from the area where the toilets are located. So, if I understand it, apparently people here go get hand towels and then come to the stall area where there are no sinks and they flush the hand towels? Why? Is this an English thing or an Aribic thing?

BoneheadNW

I'm at the Admiral's Club and just waslked out of the rest room. There was a large sign, in Aribic with an English translation, instructing people not to flush hand towels! Huh? Why would anyone flush a hand towel? Odd thing is that the towels are in another room with the sinks and completely apart from the area where the toilets are located. So, if I understand it, apparently people here go get hand towels and then come to the stall area where there are no sinks and they flush the hand towels? Why? Is this an English thing or an Aribic thing?
If I remember correctly, the TP in England used to be know for being, ah, not so gentle on the tushie. Could that be the reason?
Bone

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Vin we are leaving for New York. My sister lives in Manhatten. We'll stay there 1 day and then fly home to Chicago.

Bonehead, it was soft and two ply! But the towels were cloth. I'm guessing it is an Arabic custom of some sort?

Tractors4u

Site Supporter
I don't know how the Arabs in England do it, but the Arabs in the middle east use their left hand. It is not an urban legend or racism, it is just a fact. They wipe their ass with their hand and then wash the hand. They eat with their right hand and it is considered and insult to touch one of them with your left hand, pass food, etc.

Nasty people!

Vin we are leaving for New York. My sister lives in Manhatten. We'll stay there 1 day and then fly home to Chicago.

Bonehead, it was soft and two ply! But the towels were cloth. I'm guessing it is an Arabic custom of some sort?

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I don't know how the Arabs in England do it, but the Arabs in the middle east use their left hand. . . They wipe their ass with their hand and then wash the hand.

Well then I wonder if the walk in, grab a towel, go do their business and then wipe their hand on a towel and try to flush it?

Why not go to the sink? Seriously it seems very unhygenic.

American Woman

Site Supporter
I don't know how the Arabs in England do it, but the Arabs in the middle east use their left hand. It is not an urban legend or racism, it is just a fact. They wipe their ass with their hand and then wash the hand. They eat with their right hand and it is considered and insult to touch one of them with your left hand, pass food, etc.

Nasty people!
This is SOOO gross! The first time American Girl went to India that's how they were too. Except there was bucket of water by the toilet. Except it wasn't a toilet...it was a hole in the ground. The really nice places had a rim built up around the hole. They don't sit either. They sqauwted over the hole. She's returned several times and always brings her own TP :thumb: The first time she went...we took the TP out of her bathroom before she got home and set a bucket of water by the toilet. :yum:
Here in Florida "almost" every where you go you will see hand written signs asking to please put the paper in the toilet. Or there is a bucket by the toilet. If you are in a Government facility there will be a pile of paper behind the toilet on the floor. Mexican customs in MY home town :furious:YEAH.......we hold it a lot :shock:

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
Hahahaha im in stitches here.....i can honestly say i have never in my life come across such a sign.....maybe they installed it just for you Bob....im sure this must be some sort of joke:yum::yum::yum::thumb:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hahahaha im in stitches here.....i can honestly say i have never in my life come across such a sign.....maybe they installed it just for you Bob....im sure this must be some sort of joke:yum::yum::yum::thumb:

no it's no joke. Honestly I saw more Arabs in Heathrow airport than I've seen in my whole life. Curiously none inside the Admirals Club. They are all in the public areas of the airport.

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
no it's no joke. Honestly I saw more Arabs in Heathrow airport than I've seen in my whole life. Curiously none inside the Admirals Club. They are all in the public areas of the airport.

you must have walked in on the Arabs Airport training day:yum:just go back in the Admirals club have a beer and wait for them all to sod off:yum::yum::yum::thumb:

sports850

No idea on the UK but they had similar signs in the toilet cubicles in Hong Kong . You had to be careful to pick the one with the western style toilet and not the asian squat version as well but they had a notice above the toilet paper roll in the cubicle saying paper towel was not to be flushed down the toilet :shock: . I have no idea whether it was a bad translation or not but I flushed it :hide: