• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Summer flu

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Crap !
This has been a hell of a week . Just gettin over the Gout and 2AM this morning I wake up with the sweats ,stomach rollin around, and dizzy as hell along with the urgent need to run for the bathroom . I looked like a drunken sailor .
I guess I got a touch of the flu . I have had worst flu , but I really ain't got time for this now .

I thought flu was a winter thing ??

I have pretty much slept all morning and finally decided to try and sit up and have a couple pieces of toast to try and settle my stomach .

Why do people have such strange dreams and night mares when they are sick and trying to sleep ???

Cityboy

Banned
Go see your doctor BA. You're a senior citizen now. Can't take any chances. :poke:

Seriously, Go see your doc Monday morning at the latest. CityGirl says so. End of discussion. :flowers:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Go see your doctor BA. You're a senior citizen now. Can't take any chances. :poke:

Seriously, Go see your doc Monday morning at the latest. CityGirl says so. End of discussion. :flowers:

Yea .... my wife says the same thing . Women ! Can't live with em, can't live without em .

Wife took my blood pressuere and heart rate and that did not help any . She watches a lot of TV doctor shows and I think she may be taking her test to become a doctor soon .....

Man ! The only thing I hate more than a "Closed Minds" ,Is a Doctor or a hospital ....

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Al, just listen to your wife would ya man. Dang I hate colds and the flu in the summer time. The flu usually ends up being the sh*ts and a cold just won't go away.

murph

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Sounds like you may have food poisoning...this came on kinda sudden did'nt it? :shock:

nope ,it ain't food poison . I skipped on dinner last night .Felt fine went I went to bed . I did not have anything on my stomach . I took some flu medience and feel a little better .Have gotten dizzy a few times this past week ,but its been hotter than hell here . I think i just need to lay low another day and i'll be back to my old trouble makin self .

American Woman

Site Supporter
Did you take anything for the trots? are you drinking plenty of fluids? (because of being dizzy) What am I doing???? Your wife's a TV doctor :rolleyes: :yum:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Did you take anything for the trots? are you drinking plenty of fluids? (because of being dizzy) What am I doing???? Your wife's a TV doctor :rolleyes: :yum:

Yes Mother ...... I am being careful ..... Even changed my shorts ,just in case I have an accident . :blush:

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
bad allergies or sinus infection?
post nasal drainage can actually cause the list of symptoms you gave, and with all the smoke, etc... (plus stress) you've been living in for the past month, it may be that simple.
(especially since actual influenza does not include upset stomach as a symptom to go with the aches and high fever)

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Crap !
This has been a hell of a week . Just gettin over the Gout and 2AM this morning I wake up with the sweats ,stomach rollin around, and dizzy as hell along with the urgent need to run for the bathroom . I looked like a drunken sailor .
I guess I got a touch of the flu . I have had worst flu , but I really ain't got time for this now .

I thought flu was a winter thing ??

I have pretty much slept all morning and finally decided to try and sit up and have a couple pieces of toast to try and settle my stomach .

Why do people have such strange dreams and night mares when they are sick and trying to sleep ???
After having read your other post Al, with all the stuff going down with your Dad.. my diagnosis is..........

STRESS!!!!!

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Actually the Flu left almost as fast as it came on .

I went to the Doc and he prescribed a neat little pill for me to take on a "As needed" basis . It works like a charm and lets me sleep when I am having trouble . I can be in a full blown attack and in about 20 minutes I can breath again and calm down .
I just arrived back to Ca. last night ,but I'll be leaving again on Tuesday to head back up to the ranch for a month or so . This past winter was pretty tough and there is lot of repairs to keep me busy .