• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Front axle on 4wd tractor problem

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Cowboy, check over at Net Tractor Talk. I gave a few suggestions there.

Thanks TC . I,m sure not having any luck getting any responses & I know that most of those guys check the forums & say when or not they can provide the parts , so its not looking to good so far . I may have to resort to removing the lower gear in the hub , put it back together & see if I can just get by with 2WD .

I cant see why that wouldn,t work , or am I not thinking right :mellow: Any thoughts ?

BTW I got the breakdown sheets of the front differential from Jerry , Thanks very much :clap:

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Just an update , Since My other tractor went down the other day & i have had absolutlly no luck in finding parts for this one . I said the hell with it & put it back together minus all the screwed up parts . its only 2wd but beats the hell out a nuthin . First job I ever did that I have left over parts on Purpose . I just got back from a test run & all is well , i,ll take it back apart & do it right if I ever find the parts :w00t2:

I,m going to give Lobo some credit for suggestin just making it 2 wheel drive & use it , allthough it took me awhile to figure out even doing that with the parts I had available . As well as kiOHO ( Jerry ) for sending me the breakdown prints . Total cost to get it back up & running nothing but time . The parts in the second pic are the ones I left out . :clap:

Attachments

• P9050001.JPG
    P9050001.JPG
    124.4 KB · Views: 34
  • P9050002.JPG
    P9050002.JPG
    126.1 KB · Views: 33
  • P9050003.JPG
    P9050003.JPG
    127.5 KB · Views: 34

loboloco

Cowboy, to show you how screwy this kind of thing can get:
I once worked on a tractor that had an Allis steer set up under a Ford hood and motor, with a john deere tranny and rear. Had me and three others walking around, talking to ourselves and occasionally hitting our heads against the wall. Nothing matched, all the matings were hand made and everything worked when it was right.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Cowboy, to show you how screwy this kind of thing can get:
I once worked on a tractor that had an Allis steer set up under a Ford hood and motor, with a john deere tranny and rear. Had me and three others walking around, talking to ourselves and occasionally hitting our heads against the wall. Nothing matched, all the matings were hand made and everything worked when it was right.

Yep I here Ya Lobo , I,ve actually bought a few rigs sight unseen , that I quickly figured out they were built one piece at a time/build as you go models , More then likely built in the Johnny Cash garage :yum: I,ve been known to build a few oddball rigs myself :w00t2: