• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

I built a crooked shelf today for the garage

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Was building some shelves for the garage, just 2x4 + plywood construction, nothing fancy. This is a budget build, all of the lumber used was recycled pieces from other projects, left overs, etc.

I was doing the building outside on the cement pad in front of my garage. Used a level to make sure everything was squared up. Moved the shelf into the garage, set it next to the wall where I needed it. Stepped back, looked at it. It was crooked.

Problem is I built it on the pad in front of the garage ... it has a couple degree slope to allow water to drain away from the garage door. So now my shelf unit has a couple degree slope.

At least I was smart enough to realize how I made the mistake.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
You shouldn't have built it "down" the drive, you should have built it "across" the drive. That way the shelves would have had a 2° tilt to the back and nothing would have fallen off. :th_lmao:

I know, that's not helpful … but I think that it's funny.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Maybe he built it while only wearing one shoe. Looks great until you put the other shoe back on. Lmao.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well, at least the shelf, like my politics, leans to the right

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I've glanced at this thread a couple of times and cannot get the nursery rhyme out of my head.

There was a crooked man and he walked a crooked mile, he found a crooked sixpence upon a crooked stile....
:bolt: