• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Fall Seasonals 2010

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
Its that time of year again! Time when all the fall seasonals come out. Pumpkin Ales, Oktoberfests, ect. Dontcha just love it? So tell me, has anyone picked anything up yet? Post reviews and pics if you would like to. I will be grabbin a case of Jacks Pumpkin. Its made by Anheiser Busch, but the reviews on it seem alright. IMO AB's seasonals are pretty good, and the price is great, so thats why I like to start with them. I should have a review for y'all come the weekend.

Cheers to a Happy Autumn season!
:beer:

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
Re: 2010 Fall Seasonals

I had the Boulevard Oktoberfest the last weekend. It was OK. Not as good as I hoped.

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
surprise surprise, i post a thread about beer, and RB is in it within seconds :yum:

never had it, though. not sure is Boulevard is available roundabout here. never seen it, anyway. im hopin the Jack's lives up to the reviews i read. but its only $20/case so at least if not i wont be neckdeep in spent beer money :rolf2:

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
surprise surprise, i post a thread about beer, and RB is in it within seconds :yum:

never had it, though. not sure is Boulevard is available roundabout here. never seen it, anyway. im hopin the Jack's lives up to the reviews i read. but its only $20/case so at least if not i wont be neckdeep in spent beer money :rolf2:

:hammer: I love beer.. especially seasonal ones.... Boulevard is a KC area brewer....

tommu56

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I haven't had any fall stuff lately but don't try the Shoo-Fly Porter

uck

tom

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
I was not impressed with jack's last year, so will not be trying it again. try Schlafly if you can get it - their pumpkin ale is a lot like liquid pie. tonight I went to the closest Granite city brewery for their Oktoberfest tapping party -- very tasty. It's a brewery chain, but the KC one I go to has an excellent brewer. the 2 in Wichita less so, and I hear suboptimal reports from a buddy of mine in Sioux Falls as well. One of these days I'll check out one in Pa. Another you might try to find -- not a seasonal, but tasty! Tallgrass Buffalo Sweat (yup, another Kansas micro) very chocolatey stout with nice coffee undertones. At this point, I've given up on Sam Adams - they've gotten big enough their quality has tanked as far as I'm concerned. Saranac usually has some good seasonals, though. And Leinenkugels is always good for tasty cheap beer. :) now, on the non-beer end of things. Try some Blackheart spiced rum. 93 proof, but you can't tell from the taste. Kraken is another new rum in my neck of the woods - dark and a bit raw, but after a couple of shots you won't care. :D

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
i have been wanting to try the Kraken for a while now. saw it on the shelves in the state stores early this spring i believe. sioux falls isnt bad. gimme some time to get up some PA reccomandations that are in your area.

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
look for Lancaster Brewing Co. they have some really good beers. the Octoberfest is quite nice, and if you are an IPA fan, you'll love the Hop Hog.

Stoudt's Brewery is a good choice as well.

Triumph Brewery, Iron Hill, Dock Street, Victory Brewing, are some more good choices. i ran across this website, that databases breweries in any state. might even go down to local, dont know.

site: http://brewery-list.com/

hope this helps ya, Erik! and if'n yer ever in my neck of the woods, we will go for a beer. i know a few bars that keep local brews on tap.

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
same here -- there are several breweries in the area.
Come on out, bring SWMBO, I'll smoke up some ribs and we can drink local beer & dark rum! (or whatever)

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
Erik; see if you can find somewhere that carries products from the Yards Brewery. its centered in Philly, PA, but i dont know how far out their distributing goes. the Brawler is amazing!

RNE228

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
Placerville Brewing makes a nice seasonal pumpkin ale. Only available on tap though. I usually do not like mixed beers, but they make a "pumkin Pie". They pourabout 50/50 pumpkin ale with vanilla stout. It is REALLY good!

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
Placerville Brewing makes a nice seasonal pumpkin ale. Only available on tap though. I usually do not like mixed beers, but they make a "pumkin Pie". They pourabout 50/50 pumpkin ale with vanilla stout. It is REALLY good!

sure sounds good!

I made a similar recipe once.

Ingredients:
1 - large glass selzer water
1 - drop yellow food coloring
Directions:
mix well

:yum::whistling::whistling:

:yum::yum::yum:

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
so im gettin sick. whatever the hell is goin around. my other parts guy got it from hsi wife, and now ive likely gotten it from him. this sucks. sure hope it dont affect the taste of my new beer tomorrow :glare:

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
well come the end of the week i will be grabbin a case of Stegmaier Oktoberfest. it is local, made by the Lion Brewery in Wilks-barre PA. will post an appropriate thread with my thoughts when the time come

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
not impressed with the Shiner Oktoberfest.
was surprised at how "not-horrible" Ziegen Bock is -- it's brewed in houston at the Anheuser-Busch brewery there and is not distributed outside Tx.

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
Interesting. i feel the same way about the AB seasonals and crafts. like the Shock-Top. its not as good as the Leinies Sunset Wheat, but its still good.