• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Looking for good picture printer that does it all

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Is there such a thing out there?
My requirements:
Able to print decent quality pictures
Fax
Copier
Hign number of prints per ink refill
Refills that don't cost a fortune

Any recommendations?
Please give details of your experience with printers, good or bad.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We've got a canon MP140 all in one. We love it. We scan, copy, print pictures pretty much everything. I'm pretty sure it faxes but we haven't tried that yet. It print's excellent quality pictures when we use real photo paper. Quick too.

Here's the site

mp140_586x225.jpg

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
We had one and the fax part of it quit working :sad:. We ended up buying another fax machine and separate printer . The salesman told me that was a big draw back to the "all in one" setup .

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
I've got an HP Photosmart 2610 all-in-one that has worked pretty well for at least 4 years now. Ink's not cheap though but I don't print that much.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
HP Officejet 7410 for me. It is also a wireless printer and if I recall, is network capable as well.
AFAIK, toner is about the same price for all the printers. Somewhere around $70-100 for the 4 color pack.

Now, my Konica Minolta is a different story. Toner is a couple hundred.

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
Is there such a thing out there?
My requirements:
Able to print decent quality pictures
Fax
Copier
Hign number of prints per ink refill
Refills that don't cost a fortune

Any recommendations?
Please give details of your experience with printers, good or bad.

those last 2 qualifications are somewhat self exclusive - you can have one but not the other. Laser toner gives the best page count and lowest cost per printed page, but it costs a chunk for refills.
a laser all in one machine will set you back about $300 -- but you'll be impressed with the results. Also - laser toner will work as a "poor man's transfer" -- print your image backwards, then use the paper as an iron-on.

Bamby

We've had a Kodak Easy Share for several years. The one we have was purchased at waly world and can't be sure they still carry them but the replacement ink cartridges are still carried by them. Maybe the most reasonable priced cartridges available by any manufacture. All in all it's been a real reliable unit and does a real nice job on pictures and printing and replacement cartridges are black $10 ea. and color $15 ea. For the price they are worth looking at IMO.

All In One Printer

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
HP Officejet 7410 for me. It is also a wireless printer and if I recall, is network capable as well.

Be careful loading the cartridges. The cartridge carriage has a spring that holds the cartridge to one side. There is a small plastic piece that holds the spring in place. If that breaks, the next cartridge you put in will drive the spring into the printed circuit the cartridge mates up to.

Don't ask how I know...

Whenever replacing the cartridge on these, always inspect the carriage.

Great printer though. Buying a third one soon.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thaks guys. I did read that Kodak replacement cartridges are lower priced than most other printers, and they are good quality printers. But that is not what I got.
I read through specs and customer reviews and all the data I could find. I finally settled on a
Canon PIXMA MP990 3749B002 11.9 ipm 9600 x 2400 dpi Wireless InkJet MFC / All-In-One Color Printer

from newegg. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16828102439

It won out because it can scan slides and negatives. One weak point, it does not do faxes. I am geting this one for my wife for printing and scanning pictures. It's ahuge plus to be able to do slides as we have boxes of those from my dad. I look forward to being able to scan the slides and see them without having to set up a slide projector or use that slide viewer.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
It won out because it can scan slides and negatives. One weak point, it does not do faxes. I am geting this one for my wife for printing and scanning pictures. It's ahuge plus to be able to do slides as we have boxes of those from my dad. I look forward to being able to scan the slides and see them without having to set up a slide projector or use that slide viewer.

Thats pretty neat ! I did not know that any printer could do that . My Dad had boxes of slides and I just gave them all away to my bother to see what he could do with them . As we were cleaning out the house we would all gather around the tiny slides trying to figure out who was in the pictures . Thanks for the Infor!

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thats pretty neat ! I did not know that any printer could do that . My Dad had boxes of slides and I just gave them all away to my bother to see what he could do with them . As we were cleaning out the house we would all gather around the tiny slides trying to figure out who was in the pictures . Thanks for the Infor!

BigAl, Many can do that nowadays. Some are better than others in how they do it but I think most printers that have a flatbed have the capability.