• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

"Oh So Orange" 1200 LMC Update

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
As many of the long time FF members may recall early last year (2008) I bought this 1200 LMC snow cat in Michigan and transported it to Wyoming. I thought an update might be in order. Thanks to the efforts of several people especially "mbsieg" this cat is up and performing as sharp as it looks. I am no longer the owner as it is now owned by a small Wyoming oil company but is stabled with me for now. I do the maintenance and keep it ready for the new owner when he wants or needs to use it. It has only made one round trip to the new owners mountain property this year of about 40 miles with no problems. We have discovered this is a higher speed rear end than any of my prior 1200's I owned. As to the actual ratio, I do not know as the build sheet appears to be either inaccurate or work has been done to the rear end at one time. It is hard for me to believe that rear end work was needed as the cat has only about 500 total hours since sold new to the Air Force. A few pics for all to enjoy of one of the nicest LMC 1200's around.
P1010003 (Medium).JPG

P1010004 (Medium).JPG

P1010005 (Medium).JPG

P1010006 (Medium).JPG

P1010007 (Medium).JPG

P1010008 (Medium).JPG

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
Tomorrow I must take "Oh So Orange" out for its monthly exercise run around the area. Yes I am spoiled, but it did take some real serious beware of the consequences talking to educate the new owner it was much like a back up generator and must be exercised on a regular basis to stay in top shape........:whistling:

A few more pics to drool over!!!!!!!!!

P1010009 (Medium).JPG

P1010011 (Medium).JPG

P1010013 (Medium).JPG

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I don't know "Oh So Orange, I thought Tucker held the patent rights to ORANGE! Red for ST4's, Yellow for Bombardier's, But ORANGE?. I don't know if I can handel this. When I see something orange going thru the woods on the snow I am just going to assume that it's a Tucker.
I went to Track-Inc's web-site, the Tucker Dealer for the midwest. I could see Trains in the background. I got on the sattellite website, followed the rails to a place that had a bunch of ORANGE specks, the Tucker place!
GREAT PAINT JOB, NICE COLOR !

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Oh it might be pretty but she doesnt have hydraulic steering controls like mine! I think mine is the nicest DMC out there! lol

snowbird

If I lived closer, I'd sure like to volunteer to help exercise :clap: that fine looking orange machine. You probably even have snow yet.

mtn cat

You definitly chose the correct color! That cat is a show piece. The time commitment must have been incredable. Thanks for the pics.

GYPSY

Mtntopper,
What paint and color did you use? My Air Force blue Kitten could use a paint job in the future and I was thinking of going back to orange. That is a sharp looking machine.
Thanks,
Gypsy

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
That is a jaw dropper! Is that orange rope light under the cab?

Yes, just above the tracks next to the frame..... It glows orange with the lights on at night and the snow that kicks up above the tracks has an orange tint in the dark when light and powdery........:biggrin:

The "Oh So Orange" color was a custom blend and tinted color to include the metallic metal flake in the color which changes appearance in different light conditions.

mattfidaho

That is one nice cat. :) It is very worthy of the tucker orange :-D
It would be a pleasure to pull you out some day.

no really that is nice very well done

Wow - That 1200 has to be the nicest I've ever seen! The body panels alone are amazing. My hat is off to the the crew that worked on the restoration.

How about some engine pictures in the future.

Being a Tucker guy, I must admit the color does it for me! I thought that way back in the early Thiokol days they used some orange. Maybe not true Tucker Omaha Orange but something close.

Enjoy the cat - Mark

Almost forgot I had this in picture in the computer.

Here's some more orange for you guys-

The Thiokol Spryte is a '65 owned by a gentlemen from Breckenridge, CO and my '63 Tucker 443A. Taken on Wilder Gulch in the Vail Pass Winter Rec Area.

Mark

Attachments

• Feb 15, 2009 Shrine Pass-Resolution Loop + Rescue stuck tourist 014b.jpg
    Feb 15, 2009 Shrine Pass-Resolution Loop + Rescue stuck tourist 014b.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 522

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I agree, looking at some of these old threads are great ways to get ideas.

In the photo it Looks like the spryte is telling the tucker a thing or two....

Mike