• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

New shoes for the cat trailer

PJL

I got tired of changing tires on the trailer every time I took it off pavement. The original ones came with rock magnets. They would attract rocks and suck them right into the tread. I had our tire guy order up a set of beefier wheels and tires.

Attachments

• IMG_3560.jpg
    IMG_3560.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 325
  • IMG_3561.jpg
    IMG_3561.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 330
  • IMG_3562.jpg
    IMG_3562.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 337

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I couldn't agree more, the Trailer rated tire is about the lowest form of shoe a trailer can get.

a local tire retailer gave the insight about the quality of a trailer tire when i asked if he balanced them. His answer is most trailer tires can't be balanced properly.

PJL

I also learned something new about the cat a few weeks ago. The manual states that it weighs 6,200 lbs. I believed it...

I drove it across a scale. 7,960. Full tank of gas and me in it. Someone fibbed about their weight...

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
I also learned something new about the cat a few weeks ago. The manual states that it weighs 6,200 lbs. I believed it...

I drove it across a scale. 7,960. Full tank of gas and me in it. Someone fibbed about their weight...

nice paper weight

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter

almost twice that of my Tucker Sno-Cat 443 and nearly 3 times of a Tucker Torpedo

nice paper weight ...

or maybe sheriff, you have had, one too many donuts :yum:

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter

so a few more energy rings will not any difference how that paper weight gets through the snow, think of it like a compactor, making a hard packed snow road for snow tracs, eat up....