• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Report Your Snow Depth

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
We are visiting a cousin in Columbus, OH. Overnight we got 1.5 to 2” of snow and the whole city of Columbus is shut down. All the schools are closed. Apparently they have 1 plow?

There is 1 guy shoveling the hotel parking lot by hand! I asked if they had a snowblower or anything and he said he was lucky to even find a shovel.

alryA

Isn't anyone else receiving snow??? Here is a satellite photo taken on Thursday. We may have gotten 100" in the past 1.5 weeks.
050064-20200213-lake-effect-snow-over-lake-superior.png
P1090379.jpg

alryA

Lake snow here has largely shut down. Here is a few photos taken this week and more can be had on our dogs blog.. Top photos was at the NFS Winter Survival and Off Trail Snowmobile Training course we took. Part of the course was how to get you snowmobile unstuck and they all did get stuck but there wasn't enough for our Boss to be impeded.

The creek gorge we are skiing down is a flowing creek.
Boss in snow471.jpg
P1090467.jpg
P1090512.jpg
P1090519.jpg
P1090504.jpg

Reactions: PJL

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Springfield MO + 9.0"

St Louis MO 7.0"

Both well north of Mississippi
You're right Cidertom ,,;Whacky

This is what they call climate change???? Are the oceans rising ?

Nope

Greenland is getting warmer but Mississippi is freezing it's nuts off. Which is why they don't call it Global Warming anymore.

alryA

We received a few inches of snow yesterday, which we dearly needed. The wind swtiched to north so the lake snow kicked in today. Anyone else get snow?
P1090634.jpg
P1090661.jpg
P1090644.jpg

Barneywithaspryte

Went out in hopes of making it to my ranch this weekend in southern Utah, still doing some shakedown runs in my 67 Spryte, but, we had a blast! The snow, ( or slush ) wasn't ideal, had around 3 feet on average around navajo lake. The family had fun, I tried pushing the 1202 and got some spitting and sputtering from what I'm pretty sure is the carb feeling neglected, and having a loud vibrating rattle that made me uncomfortable in the trip, ( I'm pretty sure it's a carrier bearing being shot, or exhaust contacting the frame, louder than hell and absolutely has to be resolved) so we cut the trip short. But we had lots of fun in the late season snow. I'm thinking I'll be installing the new Holley EFI soon, it's just not my year to get into the ranch in the snow I guess!..... My Mom and sister actually tried out the snowshoes for the first time, and the three nephews all got to shoot and snowshoe in the late winter snow! Good times! It's been a less than satisfying year here in Utah when it comes to snow pack, especially southern Utah! I'm definitely hoping we get some late snow storms! I hope everyone is having a good winter and a fun time with their cats! I can't wait for spring, and the mountain, but next year with 2 Sprytes on the mountain is going to be great! Happy catting my friends!

Attachments

• IMG_20210307_181248_754.jpg
    IMG_20210307_181248_754.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_20210307_174009_476.jpg
    IMG_20210307_174009_476.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_20210307_174009_529.jpg
    IMG_20210307_174009_529.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_20210307_174009_538.jpg
    IMG_20210307_174009_538.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 124

alryA

Well, we are in the same bpat and our temps have been warm for three days. 50% of it is gone! :(

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Got 3-5' on the last storm in the Ca. Sierras and the Diamond mountains where the cabin is. Another storm coming Monday.

echo

Don't tell the brain dead weather liberals.
We have a weather pattern called La Nina= cold and wet and no snow

1boringguy

GOLD Site Supporter
Lol.

Well, while I have to confess that I have no way of verifying whether my offspring will, or will not, roast like a chicken on the surface of our plant, I certainly wouldn't consider myself a liberal. 🤔

Anyway here's a little bit of the scientific view that every snowcatter might find interesting to have at least a rudimentary understanding of.

Not sure if that's best put to use by liberals, conservatives, or just snowcatters 🤔

just saying 😉

HankScorpio

The current north pacific high with the la nina is bringing the suck to the Rockies for sure. Here in the northern Rockies the snow is easilly a month and a half behind. Worst snow conditions above 10,000ft in Wyoming I have ever seen. There should be 3-4 feet in the high country. My cabin is at 10,000ft and there is still dirt around most of it. Some snow in the trees but no real base yet. Still having to ditch bang the snowmobiles to get around. Thats midwestern BS, not how the mountains are supposed to be. Colorado is even worse. Anyone relying on irrigation from the Rockies, front range CO, Colorado river project, AZ, CA better make plans now. The water is not coming this spring. Lake Mead, Lake Powell are in big trouble for 2022. 2021 was just a preview of how bad its going to be.

1boringguy

GOLD Site Supporter
Looks like if you're going over the hills and through the woods to grandmother's house over Donner tonight, you might want to take your snowcat.

Screenshot_20211224-211312_Message+.jpg

sheep_mtn

GOLD Site Supporter
This is a pretty cool map tool from the Forest Service showing current snow depth around the Country. Showing Colorado below, our place indicated by the yellow arrow in one of the State's three "snowbelts".

1640891555515.png