• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Snow cat Jamboree 2016

Helmsman38

Member Formerly Known As Kristi KT7
GOLD Site Supporter
Well, I expect this will be a grand adventure! Thanks to all for responding so quick.

-Bob M; aka Wannabe-
:biggrin:

Bob,

Welcome aboard ! Leavenworth is a great place to hook up with all the vintage snow cats and operators .his year is going to be a great one with all the snow the area is receiving.:w00t2:

Helmsman38

GOLD Site Supporter
I can see we're going to have to have a talk about that.... :whistling:

Depends on what your doing I'd say.. :wink:

They definitely have their place, I do agree. :flowers:

Regards, Kirk

Wow ! Guess that means your going to show up for the Snow Cat Jamboree to have that talk !:yum::big grin: Hope to see you there

4TrackCat

Site Supporter
The local snowmobile club had its annual family playday on Mt Baker yesterday. With all the gear to haul, it sure was nice for Mr. Prez to bring out his Thiokol and make light work of it all. It hadn't been out since Timberline and purred like a kitten. The rear deck also doubled as a cooking platform for the large grill. Hope to see it at the jamboree!

fd0228eb2eae59fb57994beba7e6967a.jpg

19cf02125eb493cdc6aae2d9750ddab0.jpg

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have done the same for our club but my insurance got dropped and haven't found any yet that is good. so it looks like they may be using other means this year.
pokerrunfriday004-Copy.jpg

i'm counting the days till our jamboree feb 19

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I didn't have much trouble on that trip. I did speed up when they started catching up to the tracks. I could have set a speed record for me that day.
one heaver load on a very steep incline we put a snowmobile on the back and put it in reverse. that one had a large bbq on skis and toboggans.

25 days till Leavenworth jamboree.

NE-Iowa

Good Evening Everyone,

My name is Frederique. I am in NE Iowa. I am new to this forum. You probably heard this story often but I had the Matchbox Snow Trac as a kid and that started a fascination with SnowCats in General. The Jamboree sounds like it could be a fun event to attend and meet folks with the same interest. Sadly not yet an owner but hoping to change that in the near future!
I wanted to see if some of you could tell me more about the event, will it be worth attending for a non owner? Places to stay etc.
I thank you all in advance for your input.

Cheers.

Frederique B.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
YES YES YES, come out to a Jamboree, one, two, or take in all three, you will meet great people, see a wide variety of machines, including the toy snow-tracs, more than one person will be happy to have you ride along (quite sure they tell how wonderful their sno-cat is, and why you should buy one just like it ), and the stories, alone, would make the trip to Jamboree, well worth you coming ............

clowder - michigan, first weekend in february

leavenworth - washington, third weekend in february

timberline - mt hood, oregon, first weekend in may

Last edited:

Cidertom

Chionophile
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks for the video. I think that is the first posted pix from last years oops. At least the first I've seen.

4TrackCat

Site Supporter
Unfortunately, I believe you are correct Cidertom. Only pics that I have seen too. I suspect that guy still owes you and your wife a nice dinner or two.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Good Evening Everyone,

My name is Frederique. I am in NE Iowa. I am new to this forum. You probably heard this story often but I had the Matchbox Snow Trac as a kid and that started a fascination with SnowCats in General. The Jamboree sounds like it could be a fun event to attend and meet folks with the same interest. Sadly not yet an owner but hoping to change that in the near future!
I wanted to see if some of you could tell me more about the event, will it be worth attending for a non owner? Places to stay etc.
I thank you all in advance for your input.

Cheers.

Frederique B.

Welcome to the addiction Frederique. The Leavenworth WA Jamboree is Feb 18-21. Thurs and Fri the machines will be at the motor inn and many lies are told among the owners and those interested. Saturday is the running of the cats and you can use the first lie telling days to find a place in a cat if you want to see them in their natural habitat. Here is the contact info for the inn: http://www.derritterhof.com/ Be sure to tell them that you are with the snowcat jamboree for a discounted price. If they are full there are many nice places to stay in Leavenworth.

NE-Iowa

YES YES YES, come out to a Jamboree, one, two, or take in all three, you will meet great people, see a wide variety of machines, including the toy snow-tracs, more than one person will be happy to have you ride along (quite sure they tell how wonderful their sno-cat is, and why you should buy one just like it ), and the stories, alone, would make the trip to Jamboree, well worth you coming ............

clowder - michigan, first weekend in february

leavenworth - washington, third weekend in february

timberline - mt hood, oregon, first weekend in may
Thank you for your kind words and encouragement . My partner and myself are hoping to make it happen.
Cheers.
Frederique B.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

NE-Iowa

Welcome to the addiction Frederique. The Leavenworth WA Jamboree is Feb 18-21. Thurs and Fri the machines will be at the motor inn and many lies are told among the owners and those interested. Saturday is the running of the cats and you can use the first lie telling days to find a place in a cat if you want to see them in their natural habitat. Here is the contact info for the inn: http://www.derritterhof.com/ Be sure to tell them that you are with the snowcat jamboree for a discounted price. If they are full there are many nice places to stay in Leavenworth.
Thank you for the recommendation. The town looks really cool. My partner and myself are hoping to make it happen!

Cheers.
Frederique B.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

Y'all should have plenty of snow. There is presently about 3' in 11worth, and although we are headed for a warm/wet stretch this week it's not going to melt all this snow in 3 weeks.

I know that this should go on "for sale" thread, but this is not something I want to ship so I am seeing if anyone coming to 11worth is interested. It came with my cat but I took it off because I never used it and it got in way of snow removal. New version is here:

http://www.locatorsandsupplies.com/items/SBM-SB101CLT401.asp

Don't be alarmed at price for new one, version I have is older and is not remote control. I'm thinking around $125. If anybody is interested PM me for details.

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 437

NE-Iowa

Ok, Reservation at the Der Ritterhof is now made. Thank you to sno-drifter, Pontoon Princess and Kristi KT7 for the recommendations. I just need an offer on a snowcat ride now :p
Looking forward to see to see and meet everyone.

Cheers.
Frederique B.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
plans are coming together to bring the timberline tucker to 11worth, first outing, looking like the jamboree is coming together nicely with lots and lots of sno cats,

Attachments

• DSC_0020.jpg
    DSC_0020.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 302

4TrackCat

Site Supporter
That is a work of art! Such nice work. Leavenworth will be one for the books!

NE-Iowa

Flying to Seattle on Thursday. How long of a drive to 11worth and is a 4x4 a must to get there or a regular rental would do?

I was thinking getting there on Friday morning. Any input would be appreciated.

Frederique B.

4TrackCat

Site Supporter
Depending which route you choose, the distance is approximately 2.5 hrs driving from SeaTac airport to Leavenworth. My guess would be that 4x4 will not be necessary, but you never know what curve balls mother nature has in store. If it were me, I'd reserve a 2wd. Just my opinion though. You can always check pass conditions when you arrive and adjust as necessary.
810968c2ee16094ac3967712355056f5.jpg

Helmsman38

GOLD Site Supporter
plans are coming together to bring the timberline tucker to 11worth, first outing, looking like the jamboree is coming together nicely with lots and lots of sno cats,

Nice work what a beautiful machine. Im going to come just to see that Tucker if I'm up and running or not.