• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Looking for parts for my Thiokol 2100C

meanjean

Looking for a pair of sprockets and idler wheels for my Thiokol. W or W/O aluminum wheels for the idlers, but I would prefer aluminum. Let me know what you have available! Thanks.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
I may have you covered I have to go look at a sprite that burned to the ground I will take some pics.

Meanjean, in case you didn't already know, there were several upgrades to the aluminum wheels over the years as they tend to crack across the webbing near the axel. The webs were made progressively thicker over the years and if possible you want to get the thickest ones made. I have had them fail before but they are better than the steel ones I think.

meanjean

Let me know DDS. Always looking for some replacement parts for my cat. As far as the aluminum wheels are concerned Alaska Snow Cat, I really don't know what is better, so thanks for giving me a thumbs up in the comparison between tin and alum. The later looks much better on my cat, but I can go either way since I have about 50% alum. and tin right at the moment. Need a few replacement tires. Oh-forgot to mention the size that I need! They would be 4.50 - 12. Mine are Goodyear Monorail tires, but anyway, I need a few new ones to replace the well worn onec of my cat. Thanks!

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
I will try to get out to stella creek and look it over, the rear end and most of the road wheels look un touched by the fire but there is no cab left I'm planning on making a bid on tehm see if I can pick them up for parts.

meanjean

OK! Just keep me posted. I have a few tires to replace. I didn't take a count, but it looks like at least 4, if not 6. Any idea as to what you might be asking for them? Either with or w/o wheels. Also, maybe the sprockets would fit my machine??? I woul dhave to look into it. I think that I have 12 teeth. ANyway, let me know when y ou get a minute. Thanks. J.

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
rained cats and dog's last weekend I have the callout phone this weekend hope to get out there some time next week.

meanjean

Still a going concern? Did the rain ever stop in your neck of the woods? Looking for sprockets! Let me know. J.

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
Still a going concern? Did the rain ever stop in your neck of the woods? Looking for sprockets! Let me know. J.
yes it did I went out and had a look took some photos too I will have to go back and review them. i'm also supposed to go look at some new sprockets. given to a buddy with a 601 he claims they aren't 601 sprockets so they may be for a rig with drop boxes like ours. mine will be here in a couple of days I will check them out.