• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Christmas is Over, but did you get what you want

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Yep Christmas is over but am wondering if everyone got what they want. I know Bonehead still has his inlaws and I got everything I wanted, oh wait I didn't really want anything so I guess I got more.:rolleyes:

murph

REDDOGTWO

Unemployed Veg. Peddler
SUPER Site Supporter
Did not want anything, did not need anything. Received to much. The wife and kids are happy. So everything is good. The daughter just called and she made it back to Burnsville OK, so that is the best present of them all.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Did not want anything, did not need anything. Received to much. The wife and kids are happy. So everything is good. The daughter just called and she made it back to Burnsville OK, so that is the best present of them all.

Did she drive, that is a long drive, I know made it many times including just a week ago on a one day out and one day back.

murph

REDDOGTWO

Unemployed Veg. Peddler
SUPER Site Supporter
She drove, had dinner at the sister's house and she left from there about 2:15 and arrived home about 9:45. It is close to 450 miles.

She said that it did was icy upon arriving in Burnsville.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
I was just watching the weather and Mpls is getting some snow and ice. Glad she made it. I know how you feel I have two daughters that I worry about driving.

murph

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
OH YES I GOT WHAT WANTED!

"The Night Before Christmas"

Twas the Night before Christmas all through the house my Mother in Law was complaining through her big fat Mouth. The Stockings were hung by the chimeny with care, In hopes my mother in Law would soon be there. The children were nestled all snug in there beds, while visions of there Grandma hanging at the mantel danced in my head. When out in the room came such a clatter I strained with my ear to hear what was the matter. When what to my wondering ears should I hear? But my lovely wife telling my mother in law off my dears! I knew in a moment it must be so and my heart beat faster wouldnt you know. More rapid than Eagles curses they came, and from now on I knew she would be contained. And then in a twinkling I heard off the roof, the prancing a pawing of my mother in laws hoofs. Her eyes were hollow no longer did they twinkle, Her cheeks were like roses no longer with dimples. Her droll little mouth was drawn up like a bow, no longer able to speak so. Her teeth were clenched and steam arose, it encircled her head like a wreath wouldnt you know. I laughed when I saw her in spite of my self, A wink from my eye and a twist of my head soon gave her to know I had nothing to dread. She spoke not a word and went straight to work, And filled my mug, man Im a jerk. Happy Christmas to all to and to all a good night!

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
Well Snowcat, you can write pretty damn well my friend! :applause:

Did this happen this year? :4_11_9:

dzalphakilo

Banned
I went to a nursing home yesterday to drop off some "personal" presents I made (a personalized Christmas photo of the dog I take there) to elderly people who litterally had no one in their lives, with no one other than the nursing home employees giving them "Santa" gifts.

I was surprised that that with this small nursing home, there were over 20 people with no one in their lives.

First time I ever took my time during Christmas day to try and help those other than myself and family.

Seeing how happy some of those people were just to see a "real" person with a small gift on Christmas day just for them made it the best Christmas I've ever had.

After 40 plus years I finally understand that when you say "it is better to give than to recieve" during the Christmas holidays, you don't have to be refering to material gifts, but of yourself.

A new tradition has started.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I got candles, books- gift cards.. and I got laid Christmas Eve, so yeah.. I got everything I wanted.

Troy

Yeah pretty much got everything I wanted, Yesterday was my birthday which sucks because only get one present for both days each year lol