• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

1968 542 Tucker

1jbuck

I am trying to find out if anyone knows about the tracks that are on my 542 I have bought new rubber But I am looking for new grouser bars and sprockets

Attachments

• tucker.JPG
    tucker.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 290
  • tucker1.JPG
    tucker1.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 286

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Welcome to the ForumsForums.

I'm far from a Tucker expert, but I know enough about the 500 series to know that it was a fairly rare series having a double width pontoon and track. I wonder if you might end up having to fabricate, or have fabricated, the grousers?

Eric L

Site Supporter
Welcome, 1jbuck.

no answers for ya, but you've come to the right place to ask.

try asking over at the Classic Tucker forum too. I've seen a few guys over there with track parts for sale. Most, if not all, of them frequent this site as well.

Eric

P.S. make sure you answer our poll re: brand ownership... we have almost as many Tuckers as Thiokols now.

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
Buck,
I do not know about the tracks, but Bill Guthrie at Snotrans may have an answer or parts for you. Call him at 208-549-2501. He is very knowledgeable on the older Tuckers.

I would like to see more pics of your Tucker. Looks like a great machine. What do you use it for? Cabin access? Nice action pic of it in the snow...
:cool2: :weneedpic :a1:
Bill

Eric L

Site Supporter
B_Skurka said:
I wonder if you might end up having to fabricate, or have fabricated, the grousers?

:pat: I don't know what I was thinking... you've got belted tracks. I was thinking steel track.

If you find a good source, let us know...I'm interested in some sprockets for another project as well... grousers I would buy new (Tucker?) or have 'em made..they're just formed plate right?

More pics and specs please, that looks like a nice machine.

Eric

1jbuck

There is a reply by Mike lang about snocats and deep snow The belted tucker he is talking about is the one I bought from him..It just needs a little more TLC and it will be a great reliable machine.I use the cat for mostly pleasure.'but we do have a cabin in the warrner valley on the back side of MT Lassen

mlang2005

1jbuckl: glad to see you made it over to this site I'am sure your eyes are glossed over from reading all the pictures and discussions on this site, I know mine were it took me a few days to pour over all the info.

Question on the rubber you bought? did you buy it with holes punched? if not You could run any sprocket that would bolt to the axel I think tucker makes a sprocket that has taller teeth than the ones that are on the cat now. Just make sure you match the belt hole spaceing to the sprocket pitch.

Also when you punch you holes in you new belts you need to know what the spaceing/pitch is dont measure the old track as it is surely streetched.