• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Your electric delivery charge

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
This month the delivery charge is $50 for $40 of electricity.

That's ridiculous . I'm going to finish my solar system this summer. Maybe double it and tell the grid to kiss my panels !

Imagine if I had to charge a car with that setup ??? yikes

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
No. The delivery charge is $10.68 for the first 50 KWH and $.070186 per KWH thereafter.
I used 579 KWH in 32 days. =$47.81. The electricity itself cost $38.74.

Seems crazy to me.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
No. The delivery charge is $10.68 for the first 50 KWH and $.070186 per KWH thereafter.
I used 579 KWH in 32 days. =$47.81. The electricity itself cost $38.74.

Seems crazy to me.

Looks to me your electric rate is 8.25 cents per kWH. On top of that you have that 7 cents delivery charge plus incidentals. That totals to about 16 cents per kWH when everything get sugared off or thereabouts. That is slightly higher then the almost 15 cents I pay over here in Vermont. We prolly both get the bulk of our power up here from Hydro Quebec, or maybe you get some from Seabrook? You're in Coos County I take it.

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
I read it wrong... new format. Elec. is $.066910 /KWH for all of it. The $10.68 is just the fixed delivery charge for the first 50KWH..and delivery is $.070186/KWH so more than the elec. itself !!

This is for a building in Maine. CMP 67% from TransCanada Power Marketing

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I read it wrong... new format. Elec. is $.066910 /KWH for all of it. The $10.68 is just the fixed delivery charge for the first 50KWH..and delivery is $.070186/KWH so more than the elec. itself !!

This is for a building in Maine. CMP 67% from TransCanada Power Marketing

Well, OK, but the way I see that you are paying the going rate when it all sugars off. It seems Central Maine Power has a novel way of computing the invoice breaking up meter charges and delivery charges but it appears in the end it comes out close to the same as the rest of us.

I actually worked for CMP at Bucksport back in the day on a project. Cold as hell. I was glad to get the hell out of there I'll tell you. LOL.

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
You're right. It works out to $.137096/KWH plus the $10.68.

Everyone says that about Bucksport. I've never been there in the winter but I did live on a boat at Mt.Desert one winter... didn't get above 10 for 40 days in a row. Brr