• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

and now, from the BS Thought Police of Canada:

Loudmouth

Site Supporter
Canada Man Ordered to Surrender ‘Offensive’ Star Trek License Plate

A Canadian man’s Star Trek-inspired license plate has been revoked after his insurance company received complaints that it was offensive to indigenous people. The two-year-old plate, which reads “ASIMIL8,” is a reference to the Borg, evil aliens in Star Trek who “assimilate” their prey and go by the motto “Resistance is Futile.”

Manitoba resident Nick Troller was informed by an agent from Manitoba Public Insurance on Wednesday that they had received complaints from TWO people about the word “assimilate,” which they claimed is “offensive to minorities” and was ordered to surrender the personalized plate ASIMIL8 immediately.

Speaking to CTV News, a spokesperson for the National Center for Truth and Reconciliation, Ry Moran, said that the word “assimilate” is indeed too offensive to be displayed on the plate, regardless of intent.
Words like that, meant or not, have an actual impact on many people,” said Moran—as if one man’s Star Trek reference was capable of oppressing millions of Canadians.

https://heatst.com/culture-wars/canada-man-ordered-to-surrender-offensive-star-trek-license-plate/?

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
A number of years ago, the State of Vermont tried to deny my request to have BUTCH on my license plate, citing that it was an offensive remark toward women of a certain sexual persuasion. I blurted out to the guy in a loud voice in a crowded DMV, "You mean Lesbians?" Lots of heads turned. :yum:

I then proceeded to ask the clerk if the plate has been issued for a car. I was applying for a truck. He said no, but I insisted he look it up and lo and behold it was issued to someone for a car. I insisted I get my plate or I will sue his PC ass for discrimination.

I got my plate and boy was he happy to see me go. :yum:

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
are you sure the guys name isn't Ry Moron?

Two whole friggin people complained, my god the world is coming to an end.....:hammer::hammer::hammer: