• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

New England Christmas for me and the Missus.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Leaving Saturday the 19th for Eastern CT.

Be gone for two weeks.

I think this is the first time we will visit my son and grandkids without a major project involved. Just putting the granddaughter's new DIY computer system together. She is getting components to build one from scratch.

Not my problem as Grandma is the expert. They will complete it as part of her classroom computer studies.

As for me, I am usually doing construction or planting orchards or sumptin. Not this time.... No Trailer, no tractors, no tools, just a long visit with the youngin's. I just hope I don't get bored!

Maybe my granddaughter will let me have her old Computer so I can get to the Forum

See ya all on the other side.

Merry Christmas.

Be safe and don't get arrested!

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
You two have a great time out there Franc!! :biggrin:

And while your there eat some of that fine seafood the region is so well know for!! :biggrin:

Heck I would consider a trip to the coast just for that! :wink:

And of course, Merry Christmas to you and your family! I hope you have a blessed one!!

And do try and "check in" while your out there..

Regards, Kirk

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
Have a great time Franc with your family.

Merry Christmas to you and your Family.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Okay, I'm here three days now and bored. Santa ought to get here soon.
But his sleigh will need wheels and possibly flotation.

Warm Rain Mostly.

I feel like Danny Kaye and Bing in "White Christmas" except that here in CT I would have no trouble digging up a Democrat.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I"m just now catching up with this thread. I was going to say I suspect you will get bored unless a surprise project pops up. I'm that way. to many days of just visiting can get to me. At least you found a puter to play with.
Merry Christmas. Enjoy the family time.

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
Franc i bet if you look hard enough there are tools and jobs to be done.....do what makes you happy.:wink:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Well, It's over. Finally!

Loved the time with the grand kids. Great weather and we got a lot done.

Entire lower level of his house was a wreck, as was the garage and his outside property. My son is so laid up with his injuries, he can barely take care of the kids needs. As a single parent, he has no help except the bi-monthly visits from grandma.

Rebuilt one green house that was lost to the wind, put all his tools and machinery away, made room in the garage, and under his deck, for his tools, snow blower, and the tractor, cultivator, and mowers. Cleared the lower level of Stuff. My word how his wife collected junk.

I am one tired grandpa.

Kids got the "stuff" they wanted for Christmas. The Granddaughter and Cathy are building a computer that rivals the Pentagon's. Joe can have a girlfriend over without being embarrassed and when I visit there this spring to set his gardens, I will actually have my own room. All in All,,, not a bad two weeks.

Coming home was fun,,, sorta. Snow came down all the way from Wilkes Barre to Akron. Un believable. Then it hit hard again in western Ohio to the Indiana State line. Bad accident closed the highway in Richmond OH on I-70, but we were able to skirt around it on the old National road US 40.

White knuckle driving until we hit Indy. Still we made it in 21 hours, including four meal stops. Team driving allowed us to keep it moving all night.

Crashed into bed this morning after we pulled in to a very soggy St Louis MO. Water everywhere and they say," it has gone way down." Glad I missed that mess.

I do hope all had a good time for the Holidays and were able to have quality time with friends and family. I got on FF some but my grandson was kinda reluctant to give up his computer. His internet connection was really winky. hard to post anyways. I missed you guys