• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Christmas presents

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
For Christmas I got some ham radio antenna books & videos that I've been wanting, and today I picked up this 3-month old Yeasu 8800R dual band radio to use as a base station in my Ham Shack. Got it for an EXCELLENT price when my friend got a new Kenwood TM-D710A mobile radio with APRS from his wife for Christmas (I helped her pick it out for him so he was surprised, and so she could track him by satellite on the Internet.He's diabetic and has some other issues as well.) With only one car, he didn't need another mobile, so we worked out a deal with my Ten-Tec Omni-D HF radio and cash...we're both happy-happy.
a1.gif
I was going to buy myself a new dual band radio for Christmas until his wife called to help her pick out the Kenwood, and said he would make me a good deal after Christmas when he got his new one.

The Yeasu 8800R...should make a nice base with my home brew Arrow OSJ 146/440 antenna out on the yard arm.

0080lrg.jpg

P1040063.jpg