• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Do you use more than one square of toilet paper?

How many squares of toilet paper do you use each sitting?

• Like Sheryl, I use only one (and have a stinky ass)

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Maybe two or three, so I'm still okay by Sheryl.

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Maybe a dozen or so.

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • As much as it takes to get the paperwork finished properly!

Votes: 24 80.0%

• Total voters

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
If so, you are not helping save the earth; according to Sheryl Crow. Can you imagine?! And, this idea is not taken out of context. Here is the source:

Saving the Earth: The Biodiesel Bus Blog

Sunday, April 22, 2007; D01

Singer Sheryl Crow and environmentalist Laurie David have been traveling across America on a two-week Stop Global Warming College Tour, which winds up today at George Washington University. Crow and David (co-producer of the documentary "An Inconvenient Truth" and wife of "Curb Your Enthusiasm's" Larry David) have been touting their cause and chronicling their travels in a rather idiosyncratic blog. Here, on Earth Day, are a few excerpts:

Crow (4/19, Springfield, Tenn.): I have spent the better part of this tour trying to come up with easy ways for us all to become a part of the solution to global warming. Although my ideas are in the earliest stages of development, they are, in my mind, worth investigating. One of my favorites is in the area of forest conservation which we heavily rely on for oxygen. I propose a limitation be put on how many squares of toilet paper can be used in any one sitting. Now, I don't want to rob any law-abiding American of his or her God-given rights, but I think we are an industrious enough people that we can make it work with only one square per restroom visit, except, of course, on those pesky occasions where 2 to 3 could be required.

So, tell me, how many squares do you use??

elsmitro

floppy member
I had a TP thread a while back. If you were fortunate enough to read it you will find that at least a couple of us build a nest out of TP before we go on a public toilet. Mine is usually 3 layers deep! The whole cleaning thing is much more involved. :fart2: :smileywac :yum:

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
What gets me is the global warmers are not bringing up how much rain forest has been cleared and is being cleared. The way the the enviros used to carry on about it,you'd think it would be a major factor in CO2 buildup alone.
Cheryl needs to preach to all the junkmail senders,especially the credit card co's., about wasteful use of paper.
Mike

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Sure, if I had a hairless scrawny bony ass like Cheryl Crow I might be able to use 2-3 squares - but I don't.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I sure wouldn't want to shake hands with any guy who says he only uses 1 square. yuck!

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I wouldnt want to shake hands with any female who only uses 1 square either!:smileywac that is just not enough!

I agree Judy .... but I sure was not going to speak for you ladies. :hide: A guy can get in trouble that way. :D

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
I sure wouldn't want to shake hands with any guy who says he only uses 1 square. yuck!

I wouldnt want to shake hands with any female who only uses 1 square either!:smileywac that is just not enough!

I agree Judy .... but I sure was not going to speak for you ladies. :hide: A guy can get in trouble that way. :D

Doh....... aren't you folks sophisticated to know about soap and water after you use the bathroom facilities???? :idea: I take it to the extreme, and use the last piece of paper towel that I dry my hands with to put over the door handle and open the door. Then I toss it back into the restroom in the general direction of where the paper towel basket is located. If I miss, oh well, at least I haven't infected myself with someone else's germs. Before someone asks, yes, I do use a paper towel to shut off the water also after washing my hands. Old habits don't die, and this is what I was taught when I first got into EMS. As the fellow that I was with said, "leave the germs in the hospital, and don't infect yourself and others". :thumb:

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
...use the last piece of paper towel that I dry my hands with to put over the door handle and open the door. Then I toss it back into the restroom in the general direction of where the paper towel basket is located.

Me too.

I once heard a radio interview with some public person (a man, perhaps a politician?), and they had one of those "ask a famous person any question" segments, and they asked him if he washes his hands after going to the bathroom, and he replied "I was both before I go and after." He explained that he got in the habit of washing his hands BEFORE going to the bathroom when he was out shaking hands with the public because he didn't know how clean everyone else's hands were, and he wasn't about to touch himself without washing first.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
As the fellow that I was with said, "leave the germs in the hospital, and don't infect yourself and others". :thumb:

Junk, you do know that a recent study done proved that gas pump nozzle handles have more germs on them than any place in the bathroom. Think about it. I actually carry a roll of shop paper towels with me just in case the service station doesn't have paper towels available at the pump.

You just know that guy in front of you getting gas was picking his ass, picking his festering wound that won't heal, and sneezed all over his hands...

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
What a bunch of neurotic pansies. How do you think man kind managed to evolve?

It's called an immune system - if it's never exposed to germs then it is a weak immune system. It's the exposure to germs that helps to build a healthy and strong immune system.

Of course, if you are a walking PONS victim-in-waiting then perhaps a little extra caution is warranted.

'nuff said.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter

It's called an immune system - if it's never exposed to germs then it is a weak immune system. It's the exposure to germs that helps to build a healthy and strong immune system.

Of course, if you are a walking PONS victim-in-waiting then perhaps a little extra caution is warranted.

'nuff said.

So PB, are you a no square kind of guy? Use your finger and flip it? :eek:

If you see someone sneeze do you try to get caught in the spray?

We know we run into germs everywhere ... but if you know about some of the sources and can avoid them, especially the grosser ones, then why not avoid them if you can?

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter

'nuff said.

Oh yeah?! Do you know what I do with that paper before I use it as a sanitary shield when I pump gas?? :shit6: :stroke: :rock:

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
So PB, are you a no square kind of guy? Use your finger and flip it? :eek:

If you see someone sneeze do you try to get caught in the spray?

We know we run into germs everywhere ... but if you know about some of the sources and can avoid them, especially the grosser ones, then why not avoid them if you can?

I'm sorry but paper towel at the gas pumps - pfft. Gimme a break. If my hands get dirty I wash them. However, we are all headed down a slippery slope of OCD cleanliness.

People need to chill out on life and stop being so flaky. :pat:

cj7

Boy this thread goes right down the toilet!!!!!!!!!!!!

I use as much as I need to........

My biggest germ peave is those that DO NOT WASH THEIR HANDS AFTERWARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but what are you going to do...

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
I wonder how many sheets this guy uses?????????:smileywac

Attachments

• bear in woods.jpg
    bear in woods.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 86

cj7

But I do have a little TP trick or joke about a single sheet.

Take one square of TP.

Fold in half.

About mid-way down the fold tear a smal half circle out if it.

SAVE IT..

Now unfold.

Stick your finger through the hole.

and... well Ummm WIPE!

when your done wiping,

clean off your finger with the tp around the base of your finger

Throw that piece away..

Now with the little half circle pice that you saved...

Clean under the edge of your finger nail...

cj7

LOL

Thanks

I thought later that bzoom should have had this option..

" depends on consistancy "

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm sorry but paper towel at the gas pumps - pfft. Gimme a break.

If studies prove this is one of the most germ infested places you are not interested in prevention?

Don't tell me....you're the one who voted to have the stinky ass. :yum:

Actually, I just consider myself to be reasonable and simply use reasonable precautions. With five kids at home, we get enough of the illnesses from schools.

Believe it or not, but I lived for 4 years in a fraternity with 70 other guys. I washed my bed sheets once a semester or so. I washed outer wear items (like jeans, flannel shirts etc.) about once a month...maybe. We had every sort of sicknesses go through the house from strep throat to crabs. Still, I have never in my life had the flu, strep throat, a cold or any other basic sickness. Other than migraine headaches, I've only seen the doctor for injuries. Based on this fact, I'll opt to believe that a little common sense on germs has served me well. :tiphat:

Oh, one time when I broke some ribs one collapsed a lung and I ended up with some sort of infection from that deal. That was no fun at all, but I still chalk that one up to injury. As others here may know, I wouldn't have had broken ribs that time if the rope pulling the coffin didn't break, which caused me to miss the turn and ram the front of the grocery store. It still wouldn't have been that bad, but the lid to the coffin wouldn't open a full 90 degrees and it was hard to get out in a hurry. :pat:

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
The best way to keep your hands clean is to not piss on them.

;)

Actually, "healthy" normal urine is sterile so in most cases your are more likely to get exposed to germs in a public restroom by washing your hands in the public sink (assuming you actually touch the knobs on the sink or the lever on the paper towel dispenser).

Honestly, you can do what ever you want - I'm just trying to inject a little bit of common sense into our overly hysterical and increasingly unrealistic world.

I've never been sicker in my life than in the last few years. Having small kids exposes you to all sorts of germs. It's the pyramid effect of exposure. Sure you may be hysterically clean but are your friends, relatives, and close associates the same? What about public food at restaurants?

There are too many variables, however in most cases in the average day of the average life, a little exposure to some poop isn't going to kill you.

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
Poop can't be that bad, because my dog goes out and eats what she finds on the ground, and it hasn't killed her yet. I just don't let her lick me. What I don't understand is why we get eColi from eating food that is contaminated with feces, but the dog doesn't????

I must say that this is a very shitty subject... :yum:

RoadKing

Silver Member
Site Supporter
Sheryl Crowe has spent her current tour figuring how we should cut down on toilet paper use for the environment

Check out her list of demands when she does a show.

Sheryl Crowe backstage requirements

make sure you read # 15 I'm glad she's not contributing to our polution problems.

BoneheadNW

Edit Poll Poll: How many squares of toilet paper do you use each sitting?
Shouldn't there be an "h" after the "s" in "sitting"?

I will not touch anything in the fire department medic rigs unless I am wearing EMS gloves or I have disinfected the rig at the beginning of my shift. I do not go into the ER unless I am wearing gloves and do not take them off until after I walk out (I have seen more body fluids "shed" onto the hospital surfaces than you would believe). Literally, every day I am subjected to patients with either urine, feces, blood, vomit, or a combination. Am I a germaphobe? You bet!
Bonehead

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Well, I must say we do have some very interesting debates on Forumsforums, wouldn't miss it for the world!!

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Well, I tried it this morning; just one square. I've got about an 18 hour day scheduled, so let's see how things go. Feels a bit pastey at the moment, but I'm sure that should go away. Hmm, when sitting, if I don't keep my legs together I get this bad smell. I'll report back on how my prospective clients react to my new attempt to lower my carbon footprint...

RoadKing

Silver Member
Site Supporter
I will not touch anything in the fire department medic rigs unless I am wearing EMS gloves or I have disinfected the rig at the beginning of my shift. I do not go into the ER unless I am wearing gloves and do not take them off until after I walk out (I have seen more body fluids "shed" onto the hospital surfaces than you would believe). Literally, every day I am subjected to patients with either urine, feces, blood, vomit, or a combination. Am I a germaphobe? You bet!
Bonehead

It must be tough at lunchtime not knowing where to put your sandwich. :yankchain: