• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

2019 midwest cat clowder

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Please get the guns and ammo out, I love them..... 338 Lapua, 50 cal McMillan
http://www.mcmillanfirearms.com/elr-training/

Weigh in from afar

MSCC is equipment friendly however should your hobby entail extended long range, ELR:unsure: we ask that you shoot out into lake superior. " it will send a message that our borders are secure, and that we mean business to all the undocumented illegals intending to sneak across our wall-less border......"

Wait wrong border?

Brad will put the targets out on the sea ice before he heads to warmer climes.

there has to be a cat that floats in his compound.....

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
well sort of this is how yoopers, and want to be yoopers, test drink holders:

https://youtu.be/DPwJLAJLdt4

BACK UP< BACK UP....... hahahahahaha

Actually I have the other cat, that one is a 5 man with a box on the back. Mine is the 2 Door that got burned at the end. but yes the drink holders are up to par, actually the "thing Cat" usually winds up with all the napping kids sacked out in the back until we hit icy roads, they all magically wake up and start asking for cheerios, (do a cheerio, What? DO A CHEERIO, What? DO A CHEEERRIIOOO"

And I do.....

For the kids of course......

One little guy calls them cookies, do some cookies....

damn it kid, its donuts... we do donuts......:thumbup:

ah hell, must be the meds or gizmo squirrel is thinking about a career change...

take the orange pills first

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Please get the guns and ammo out, I love them..... 338 Lapua, 50 cal McMillan
http://www.mcmillanfirearms.com/elr-training/

Weigh in from afar

I believe we could have some BIG fun, even with out snow cats involved... :thumbup:

I have mostly old school rifles.. A couple of pre 64 M70 target rifles, one a 30/06, the other a bull gun in 300 H&H. The Bull gun has a Unertl 20X Programmer scope the 06 a Zeiss Conquest 4-14X.. Both are very good shooters, both have Redfield Palma receiver sights and Gemen apetures and diopters in the rear.. I shoot in NRA prone high power matches occasionally, and you must shoot half the match with metallic sights... As for the really big stuff, I just have never taken the leap.. Maybe someday. I do have a pair of Ruger No 1 tropical rifles, one a .375 H&H and the other a 458 Win. Mag.. They are thumpers for sure...

Regards, Kirk

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yes, for sure but the hoarder in him had a tough time giving them up. I think he was thinking they would make a nice nest......:thumbup:

Pictures or it didn't happen, Hire a model if you have too...

You need to don a custom tucker t shirt, while operating a custom sno cat and then as kirk put it. make an appearance one of these snow cat events.....

there is one in Bessemer MI. it is the first Saturday in February every year.

as the principle snow cat enabler for many, you need to accept the seriousness of your influence to the sickness of snow cat hoarding and modification.....
SHM for short.
Just a kettle and pot thing.......

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Pictures or it didn't happen, Hire a model if you have too...

You need to don a custom tucker t shirt, while operating a custom sno cat and then as kirk put it. make an appearance one of these snow cat events.....

there is one in Bessemer MI. it is the first Saturday in February every year.

as the principle snow cat enabler for many, you need to accept the seriousness of your influence to the sickness of snow cat hoarding and modification.....
SHM for short.
Just a kettle and pot thing.......

I will for sure attend my snowcat get together in the future it will be a snowcat get together like no other....... guaranted........ cats of all kinds...... and I will even give some away....... and have many to drive and look at, but not for some time yet.

Now let’s start giving some machines away at these getogethers, set the bar

high.......:clap::clap:

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Cats of all kinds.....
mainecoon, tabby, Turkish, angora, Norwegian forest cat,Siamese

do you have a feral cat problem again?

You are reaching......

And for the record, We gave a away a tucker at the second clowder..... as a door prize.

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Cats of all kinds.....
mainecoon, tabby, Turkish, angora, Norwegian forest cat,Siamese

do you have a feral cat problem again?

You are reaching......

And for the record, We gave a away a tucker at the second clowder..... as a door prize.

:yum::yum::yum:

I’m talking a real snowcat not something made out of wood.......... not a cat problem ....... but the squirels are getting pretty thick...... :clap: need more cats
I guess they chase the squirels away.......

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
It was a real metallic sno cat, poly acrylic rollers. Match box did a hell of a job detailing for us before the even.

Lodging is filling up, (strong economy, or people like snow cats) we are up in cats attending this year, 7-9 first time cat attendees verbally confirmed. If you would want to come but getting a cat here is an issue, we have a couple arrive and drive opportunities for qualified operators.
2019 is shaping up to be an epic outing.

thoughts on a rendezvous type tent for the friday lunch at the lake?

It is heated and might make the culinary endeavor a little less of a battle?

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter

Attachments

• 34AEA558-B847-4EA3-8C2F-8400E5EA0582.jpeg
    34AEA558-B847-4EA3-8C2F-8400E5EA0582.jpeg
    221.2 KB · Views: 419

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Now you know the rest of the story :bolt:

Attachments

• C502ED29-14B0-4E36-B701-3699A226F360.jpeg
    C502ED29-14B0-4E36-B701-3699A226F360.jpeg
    207.7 KB · Views: 396

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
those are pretty big shoes....

I am not sure I am the guy who has the drive of Big Al. I came into this foray a little late into the wild days of 2007 when there was 10% lurking and 80% sharing (10% lost and misplaced posting)

If Big AL was here now Maybe that particepation ratio would be different.

In the mean time the YOOP just got hammered again with more high moisture snow.
First time commemorative dash plaque style stickers hit the mail, Ironically from portland OR.

The mountain bike crew has committed to make an appearance.

All are welcome PM for details if your too shy to ask here?

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I’ve got another question, what approximate time do the Thursday trail rides start?

As soon as those who are there can meet at the lodge grab some coffee and head out... :thumbup: That might be by 8 o'clock in the morning, or a bit later..

Regards, Kirk

Kristi Kt-4

I’ve got another question, what approximate time do the Thursday trail rides start?

Some participants arrive on Thursday morning so we try to leave the ski hill around 9am. As a group we are pretty relaxed on the start time. We have even been known to have two groups leave at different times to accommodate participants arriving after the first group has already departed. Thursday is also a good day for last minute repairs etc. :hammer:

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
100mph and KT-4 take the first shift.

I generally hang back and herd cats.

To all, the Clowder is a lucky group, we have a generous Gift of radios to use for the event. they were discussed here somewhere in another thread, the reach is pretty good, Keep them warm and actually listen to it and you will never be alone.

Or hang it on your visor and let it spend the night in your cat, You might be the cat who can't get a hold of anybody.

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
pretty sure, no, confirmed, Squirrel is the new Big Al, long live Big Al...Squirrel

I mean no harm in the following statement, but squirrel, is NOT Big Al, he can and never will be replaced. And any comparison is not fair to big Al his legendary Run on the forums should always remain unscathed. I’ve never had a person that could make me laugh more than Big Al. Maybe it was the rum and coke jokes because I also enjoy R and C in the evening sometimes.

Squirrel needs to remain Squirrel.

He has his attributes, we all do

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
in clowder 2019 news.

We will be shaping a course in the terain park for snow cat games. I have invited a group of UTV operators to join our fun. so a little head to head tracked UTV vs Snow cat expose' should be fun.

so here is the un - *Official* schedule update

Thursday:

Trail ride out of the Powder horn village, first wave leaving 8 am. I will be staying behind gathering up any late comers ( Black super duty, tandem dual trailer ) Look for a snow cat giggle giggle.
warmer track:
Jacquart fabric tour. ( we can set up a group outing if there is interest )
Terrain park creation upon our return. folks with blades or tillers packer bars are encouraged to come down to learn some tricks from the BPH staff

Friday

Large Lunch excursion to lake superior, (Lake superior Ice caves is the goal, There is no Ice to safely travel on so we will point to them )
Copper peak visit.
Baldy Mountain and/or the "power plant" depending on conditions
Can't remember the water fall on the black rivers name but if we can get across the river we can take in the view of the gorge.....
[B]warmer track[/B]: culinary tour of local brew pubs and bistro.

Saturday:

Show and shine at big powder horn 8am-12pm
1 PM expose' and rodeo games.
4PM sunset cruise to the top (bonfire, weather permitting)
Snow cat parade throughout the Powder horn facility arriving at the caribou or gun barrel lodge dinner program music to follow. (live band)

There are groups of folks that go off site to get items of need, some folks set out for dessert, That Iowa group likes to go down to Hurley to take in the local color..... the key to the Midwest Clowders success is one simple rule from our host.

"there are no rules"

night-owl

GOLD Site Supporter
We are booked!!!! Hugel hause will be the spot!! Sno-Trac #2018 is ready for action ! Once you see a huge group of cats make a u-turn on a narrow logging trail you can't unsee it ! We will see you there ?

funtracks

I also finished booking, got a little more complicated when the wife and kids decided to visit the in-laws in Florida the week before the clowder. So, my dad offered to come along for a couple days, we'll be driving up Thursday evening. Staying at the Bluffs Inn in Bessemer Thursday and Friday night. Then the family will drive up Saturday morning for a day of skiing and my dad will head home. The family is planning to stay for the evening, drive around the ski hill and have dinner, then load up and head back to a hotel in Hurley Saturday night. I didn't pay attention too well last year, but is there a proper space to bring the Tucker and trailer down to the ski hill Thursday evening and leave it overnight?

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yes, I use the large lot just west of the lodge, I call it the upper lot.... Look for other snow cats on trailers and drop it in the litter. some folks leave them hooked up and most motels in the region are trailer and block heater friendly. If you determine it needs some service we can call ahead and get a spot in the groomer barn. warm bowls tucker milk/oil/antifreeze there...

100MPH

Looks like I was volunteered :clap:, yes I will be in the area first light Thursday, usually starts with breakfast somewhere then to Powderhorn for me. Ski-Dozer is ready to roll.

Kristi Kt-4

Two weeks until the Friday trail ride... Looks like we should have some fresh powder thanks to the big lake! :thumbup:

Attachments

• 5-10SNOW0118.jpg
    5-10SNOW0118.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 209

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Looks like I was volunteered :clap:, yes I will be in the area first light Thursday, usually starts with breakfast somewhere then to Powderhorn for me. Ski-Dozer is ready to roll.

kind of like a call to duty, thank you Sir for your service in the rodeo arena.