• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Prayers needed for my mom

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
She is 83 and thought she had some sort of virus. Was feeling weak and had not eaten much for four days. She is in worse condition than any of us had guessed. SIL Karen pushed her to go to the ER because she was so weak and that was sure the right thing to do. She got there they checked her vitals and then stuff started happening fast. Her heart was only beating 29 beats a minute. dangerously low. They said she needed a pacemaker. Her sugar was way up and a big part of her problem. It was 500. It was down to 288 around 8pm. Her kidneys were not working right partially because she had not eaten hardly anything in the past four days because of this 'virus' she thought she had. She was extra weak, and it's no wonder with all that wrong.

They said she had an extra strong heart to be able to still be awake with her heart beating so slow, and that it might have been going on for quite a while. The goal now is to get her sugar down and her kidneys working right and then do the pacemaker tomorrow. She does not like hospitals anyway but was so scared cause when they took her to ICU they would not let any of us go with her. She has to be alone all night in there, absolutely no visitors. We'll head up first thing in the morning.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Your family and your mother will be in our thoughts.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
That sounds like a serious load of concern there DOC.

Prayers offered from our family for her recovery.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Hope she bounces back Doc. You have enough going on with your situation right now. Prayers from here for both of you.

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
when it rains it pours...love and prayers sent to all family and friends.

Doc just remember you are on a path of recovery yourself so try and de-stress the best you can.

Suni

keeping you in our thoughts and prayers...

it is now about 18 hours since you first posted this... please update!

I know how scary this can be... hoping for the best!

Leni

Keeping both of you in my prayers. She should bounce back quicker than you once they get her sugar under control and install the pacemaker. My mother had one and it is not a big deal anymore. Keep us advised on the condition of both of you please.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Please restore your servant to full health, dear Father. Remove all fear and doubt from her heart by the power of your Holy Spirit, and may you, Lord, be glorified through her life.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks so much ALL!!!!!! They put in a temporary pacemaker this morning. With the help of the pacemaker her heart is beating at 63 beats per minute and her blood pressure is good. One reason they went with a temporary pacemaker was because her white blood cell count was extremely high, showing she did indeed have some infection or virus which kicked off this whole mess. Once the white blood cells and her sugar is in line (hopefully by Monday) then they will put in a permanent pacemaker. So things are looking up. Her spirits are high. She is still joking around like she always has. Thanks again all for your help with good thoughts and prayers. Mucho appreciated.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
That's GREAT news!

Tell your Mom that of all the surgeries I've had getting a pacemaker did the most good. For the first time I went home feeling much better than when I went in the hospital.

Jim

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
That's GREAT news!

Tell your Mom that of all the surgeries I've had getting a pacemaker did the most good. For the first time I went home feeling much better than when I went in the hospital.

Jim
An uncle in NC told her about the same thing Jim. Thanks for the info. That will help. :tiphat:

jpr62902

Jeanclaude Spam Banhammer
SUPER Site Supporter
Thanks so much ALL!!!!!! They put in a temporary pacemaker this morning. With the help of the pacemaker her heart is beating at 63 beats per minute and her blood pressure is good. One reason they went with a temporary pacemaker was because her white blood cell count was extremely high, showing she did indeed have some infection or virus which kicked off this whole mess. Once the white blood cells and her sugar is in line (hopefully by Monday) then they will put in a permanent pacemaker. So things are looking up. Her spirits are high. She is still joking around like she always has. Thanks again all for your help with good thoughts and prayers. Mucho appreciated.

Thanks for the update, Doc. I'm glad to read mom's on the uptick. :smile:

So how YOU doin'?