• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Sticking Throttle

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I know I've got an oddball snowcat in that there aren't many out there but I encountered a problem today with it and thought maybe you guys could offer suggestions as to what I should be checking. First off, it's a Lamtrac LTR4000.

Last winter, I was out 30 miles from town with it when the throttle started sticking. I can press on the fuel pedal and it responds like it should but when I let off, it doesn't want to return all the way. This machine has no brakes(so to speak) It's hydraulically driven and when you let off the throttle, the machine comes to a stop. But my problem is that the pedal isn't returning all the way. I've already tried lubing the pedal figuring that it might be sticking but that doesn't help it.

I fired up the machine today and drove it out of the garage to hook up to the drag so I could move it. The pedal is now sticking so bad that I litterally had to tie a rope to it so I could manually pull it back when I wanted to stop.

Any ideas on where I should be looking first to fix this problem before winter?

ve3otk

Brian - How does the pedal movement get back to the engine? Does it use a throttle cable? Maybe the cable is rusting up a little bit. Try disconnecting it at the engine and see how free it moves.

I have no experience with the Lamtrack. Only saw one for real a couple of years ago at OFSC AGM.

- Kelly