• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Tuckers in Nashua, NH

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
I see in the Inn photo my theory about the odd shaped pontoon is blown away!! this picture shows that the tucker came with that style pontoon on both sides.:unsure::unsure:

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
yup !, just when you thought it was safe and you had it figured out, surprise?

pretty sure your machine was the only one built with the prototype pontoons,

now what is interesting, i have the twin 422 to yours 148055, last '48 built, and it came with stamped tucker pontoons, this is confirmed by a factory photo, and then, and the next was 149056, a trailer, next, 149057, is the torpedo that we just hauled home, and it came with the flat side with a single crease down the side of the pontoon, again, factory photo shows this pontoon.

so, yours having the outlined stamped pontoon - prototype - is most interesting, does show tucker never wasted a single part and built no two sno-cats quite the same. these 3 sno-cats, all built together at the same time, sequential serial numbered, each, with a different pontoon style

and the more you learn the less you know.

Last edited:

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
Jinn,Well i have been struggling with the pontoon trade idea! :ermm: after seeing in the pictures that the odd style pontoon were the original pontoons and not replacements, i have decided to keep it on the machine. It would be a shame to switch original equipment after all these years,im sure you will understand. I have to go on a search now to see if i can locate the remains of the other pontoon. Don

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I would be willing to trade the rare rubber tire conversion on my 53 for some tracks and pontoons.

Let that idea marinate!

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
Jinn,Well i have been struggling with the pontoon trade idea! :ermm: after seeing in the pictures that the odd style pontoon were the original pontoons and not replacements, i have decided to keep it on the machine. It would be a shame to switch original equipment after all these years,im sure you will understand. I have to go on a search now to see if i can locate the remains of the other pontoon. Don

that is a very good idea and happy to see you are going to leave it on the machine, hope you are able to find the missing pontoon. :wink: might easier to make the side panels and change them out on the stamped Tucker pontoon, then use the stamped side panels to built yourself a couple of benches

Attachments

• DSC_0056.jpg
    DSC_0056.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 291
Last edited:

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
I would be willing to trade the rare rubber tire conversion on my 53 for some tracks and pontoons.

Let that idea marinate!

Dr. Addictstein, Yes, the rubber tire conversion is rare, very rare and valuable!, if you make that trade you should get some big dollars also.

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Passing through this part of New Hampshire today the air smelled a little sweeter. Think it had a touch of vintage tucker close by?

Don't worry fresh painted aircraft speed trap up the road. Any orange burbans or expidetions will be caught speeding in!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 252

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
That piece of Interstate was at the Ashland interchange!! The tucker stuff is a bit further North !!!!:smile::smile: I been working on the Diesel Lombard all day ,right next to the little tucker. I didn't see any "Flatlanders" with Drool on their faces , and hauling an orange trailer!!!:clap::clap::clap:

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
beautiful country, have always enjoyed driving the back roads and stopping often, fabulous adventures. going with the camo coloring on the trailer. just blending in.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
148093, last torpedo built in '49, sold new to sno-cat of NH, has made it home, thanks to everyone that made it happen and very successful torpedo run.

beautiful country ! ! !

regards

tucker mafia

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
I fired up the Waterville machine today ,and did about 6 loops around the backyard,untill i wore out the little bit of snow we had!:biggrin:I just wanted to get some of the rust off the tracks. My wife never even heard me doing it so no pictures ! You definitely need more then 4" of snow to make those front steering skis work well!!:biggrin::biggrin:

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
Rubber tire conversion? I was unaware. Was this a factory option? Do you have any pictures available?

oh no, i am sorry, it was a joke about putting car wheels on a tucker sno cat, there is some poking fun and kidding around on the forums, sorry if my making a joke had you confused.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
you guys laugh about it I have always thought a tucker with 16.1 terra tires would make a great tundra hopper.

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Belknap Mt. (Gunstock) Sno-Cat's

Attachments

• Tucker_snocat_earlyModel_475.jpg
    Tucker_snocat_earlyModel_475.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 355

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
I think thats Fritz Baer on the far right owner of gunstock ski area. I'm wondering if the woman in the snowcat might be penny pitou, olympic skier that skied at gunstock ,and later had a ski shop there.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
I have always wondered, with about have of all the Tucker Sno-Cat trailers sold to David A Gregg, the Tucker Dealer on the east coast, why there are so few known to exist on the east coast, were the skis taken off and turned into garden trailers or what???

I am thinking there should at least, a couple dozen still left in the wild to be found...

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Suspicions! :yum:

I'm just letting Loggah know the NE Ski Museum is trying to get a hold of him for a summer exhibit about Loon & Waterville.

While I would love to have a 50's Tucker sedan, I already have a full plate that I cant seem to clean! So, I just keep my ear to the ground and eyes open!

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
and we at tuckerville would just love to see you have a machine on the Sno... much less a fabulous 50's sedan, but if insist, it can be arranged in a moment, the orange is on it's way

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Dave don't let the trailers head east empty. I find having one runner and a project makes it much more enjoyable with anything. There really should be a few more 2 pontoon Tuckers back east!

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
Well ,I dropped off the Waterville Tucker at the New England Ski Museum this morning at Cannon Mtn Tramway. I am leaving it there for a few weeks, their summer display is Waterville valley and Loon mtn. ski areas ,and there grand opening of the display is this coming Friday. They have a very nice museum there and usually have many thousands of visitors during the summer months.

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Tucker Spy Photos Just In:

Thanks for sharing your cat with the people.

If anyone is up in Franconia stop in to the museum!

Attachments

• 423 Franconia.jpg
    423 Franconia.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 162