• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Corn

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
If you all remember we had a storm go through and it knocked down the majority of my sweet corn. I stood a lot of it back up and stepped on the ground around the roots to pack the dirt around the roots. This also helped the corn to stay standing up. We are in a dry spell but I have been watering my corn. I am 6'0", some of my corn is at 8' or better.

Attachments

• corn.jpg
    corn.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 151

kensfarm

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
I remember one year like that.. so muddy you had to go in bear-foot.. the stalks were all tangled up.. it was not fun. That sweet corn looks pretty tall.. silver queen?

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
kensfarm said:
silver queen?

No, some is called candy corn along with some yellow and white. Not sure what I will get or how it will taste. I am expecting to eat some in the next two weeks.

murph

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
humor_me said:
Nice crop, murph.

Last corn I grew, I ended up with a bumper crop of smut instead of corn.:mad:

You can grow smut? :confused2: Please tell? Surfing the web for smut is a lot of work. I'd love to just go out and harvest some.:whistle:

humor_me

PBinWA said:
You can grow smut? :confused2: Please tell? Surfing the web for smut is a lot of work. I'd love to just go out and harvest some.:whistle:

Umm,
:poke: PB = chemical symbol for lead
PBinWA= lead in water:wtf:

Dude, maybe you could cut down your lead intake to...maybe half or so:burp:

:yum:

Here's a link to a pic of smut:
http://www.apsnet.org/Education/IllustratedGlossary/PhotosS-V/smut.htm

My crazy farmer neighbor told me that that crap brings a good price...if you can find some wierdo goumet or a restaurant that serves it.

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Nothing is grown in this area, where I live, only sheep! (Don't tell the sheep addicts this, or they will all be coming over here!) Please can you send me some of your corn when it is harvested (hatched or whatever?!) I am sick of it in tins, it doesn't taste right!