• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

PayPal Scam Alert.....

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
Seems that the scammers are getting better at their craft. Today, I got a email from "PayPal" that had my name on it. It advised me that I have paid someone $149.95 and that if I wanted to "dispute" the charge, to click on the icon. Having already been vigilant, I just went to my PayPal account and checked to see if my account had been hacked. No such payment showed, so I sent the email to spoof@paypal.com .... I got a reply saying that it was a phishing email and to disregard it. I wonder how they got my name and matched it up with my email address.................:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Anytime you get one like that, just forward it to spoof@paypal.com same with ebay spoof@ebay.com

They will track the sender down and disable their site....

Good heads up Junk. Rep points for you.

And, to add to fogtenders advice, never click on links in email for places you have an account with. Go to the site via your bookmarks in your browser. Otherwise the spammers can spoof you and make you 'think' you are on the paypal site or ebay or ??????.
Be careful out there. And let your FF buddies know if you find any sleazeball tactics we should all beware of.