• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Mysterious White Flags on Brooklyn Bridge

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
How did they get there? Why? Is someone saying surrender?
I saw close up's of the flags and it appears they have the stars and stripes underneath, like maybe they were painted over.
But so far I have not heard how or why the flags were put up there or who did it.
Have you?

Attachments

• BrooklynBridgeMysteriousWhiteFlags.png
    BrooklynBridgeMysteriousWhiteFlags.png
    270.4 KB · Views: 138

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
One thing I read on the internet said they were painted like someone painted them where they hung. Another said they were "replaced" like someone (or more than one) person climbed up there and exchanged the flags. Very strange.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Theywere painted. A halyard system was too easy to vandalize so, they are hung pemanenely.
Removal is not easy as they are secured with iron rings.

I doubt they were painted with a brush, more likely a back pack spray system

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
First it's terrorists in New York, now the phooking French have learned how to climb a bridge.

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
First it's terrorists in New York, now the phooking French have learned how to climb a bridge.

:yum::yum::yum:

And the bridge is heavily guarded so things like this don't happen.

The Chief of Police has already announced a review of security for the bridge; someone with a LAWS could take out most of
NYC's government from up there. They are looking for five persons who apparently climbed the towers to do this. :sad:

to have scaled the towers to do this.

Leni

Looks like their security is a joke. Must be a lot of red faces there at the police headquarters.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
After 5 1/2 years of our "esteemed" POSPotus, it is no wonder we are all not flying the white flag of surrender. I know I for one have about given up things will ever change for the better.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Looks like their security is a joke. Must be a lot of red faces there at the police headquarters.

They're too busy hunting down otherwise law abiding people that "may" own high capacity magazines or recently outlawed firearms.

Glink

Site Supporter
"Law enforcement sources also said the police that were on duty that night watching the bridge would not be disciplined for the security breach because it is not viewed as a lapse by them; their job is to watch for suspicious cars, officials said."

You just can't make this kind of stuff up. Probably a union thing. The "suspicious pedestrian" squad must have been on break.

Andrei

Banned
Security in NY is a joke.
Teens bypass fat security sleeping guys on a daily basis with very little problems.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
How does a suspicious car look?

A rusty one? A green one? One with a diamond in the back, sunroof top?

What a crock.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
Security in NY is a joke.
Teens bypass fat security sleeping guys on a daily basis with very little problems.

If you have ever worked as a guard (which it is obvious you haven't) you would know how underpaid an ordinary guard is. Most places also are poorly equipped with cameras , monitors etc. You would also understand how understaffed most places that have security are. You get what you pay for.
Of course by the looks of it you didn't even read the article to see that the bridge was being guarded by NYC police and not security guards.

Kane

Not to worry. Because Eric "we are a nation of cowards" Holder is mounting an investigation (hooray!) ... but only if he can do it without pulling resources away from investigating the IRS, the AP, the VA or Fast & Furious.

Not to worry. America has not surrendered.

Yet.